BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Cloud Rein 3.0 (Page 3 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:15:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks. I decided to go ahead and purchase one as well as an arisaka offset mount. I'm having problems finding spare batteries for it though, so what are some other battery options that work well? Will any 18650 work with it?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:
Thanks. I decided to go ahead and purchase one as well as an arisaka offset mount. I'm having problems finding spare batteries for it though, so what are some other battery options that work well? Will any 18650 work with it?
View Quote

Any quality 18650 will work with it. Samsung 30Q is a popular choice.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 9:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#3]
Cloud just confirmed a micro 3.0 is coming soon. Hopefully the wait isn’t as long as their pistol light.

Link Posted: 9/23/2023 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
How is there pressure pad system? Seems weird.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 3:08:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#5]
Originally Posted By Castillo:
View Quote

Weird in what way? I came from tape switches (and even their OWL is like an integrated tape switch) and 1000% prefer buttons now. The dual button set up is fast and intuitive. No worrying about too long/short of a click or how much pressure you’re applying to control modes.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:02:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 135Patriots] [#6]
View Quote
I find it reasonably intuitive- one button for constant on (with an audible/tactile click), another button for momentary. The tailcap button also allows for momentary or constant on.

I don't love their remote switch but I could say that for literally everything I've tried. Modbutton, Hot button, TAPS, Surefire...They're all finicky and of questionable reliability (imo).

My Rein 1.0 had a battery failure which somehow cascaded to a tailcap failure. Cloud was prompt about fixing it and made it right very quickly. I now have a 2.0 and 3.0 with nothing bad to say. They out perform my Modlites (which I also like!) And have been generally reliable. My bottom line on weaponlights is that they're not as reliable as would be ideal. Failures are not uncommon. Pick from an established mfg - like Cloud - and accept it's the best we got for now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Cloud just released the REIN 3.0 Micro. They also launched a ton of new colors for the normal REIN.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't decide between regular size or micro.
Also did anyone mention if the Surefire Pro mount (can be tilted closer to the rifle) will work with the REIN? Seems like the mount it comes with the light would be pretty far off the rifle while attached to a pic rail compared to the Surefire style mount.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 5:57:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#9]
Originally Posted By DuneShoot:
Also did anyone mention if the Surefire Pro mount (can be tilted closer to the rifle) will work with the REIN? Seems like the mount it comes with the light would be pretty far off the rifle while attached to a pic rail compared to the Surefire style mount.
View Quote

The pro mount will not work with the reign..

For my reign I got the arisaka offset mount.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
The Rein will not work with the newer Surefire pro style mount. The Rein uses the same mounting method as the previous Surefires, with the 2 blind threaded bosses integrated into the body of the light.

Arisaka is a common mount used for the Reins and original Scouts. If your rail only has attachment points at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock, use their offset mount at the 3 o'clock position, which can tuck the light in closely to the 1-1:30 position. If your rail also has attachment points in the 45  positions, you can use their inline mount, which will put the light in the same location as the offset mount. I have both and they are great pieces. Super light and low profile pieces.

Haley Strategics thorntail mounts were also in the running. They are functionally similar to Arisaka, but are constructed with 7075-T6 vs 6061-T5, so are stronger. I only went with Arisaka because it looks slightly cleaner. No extra rail attachment holes. Plus, I'd rather have the $50 mount break before the $400 light.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Headbarcode:
The Rein will not work with the newer Surefire pro style mount. The Rein uses the same mounting method as the previous Surefires, with the 2 blind threaded bosses integrated into the body of the light.

Arisaka is a common mount used for the Reins and original Scouts. If your rail only has attachment points at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock, use their offset mount at the 3 o'clock position, which can tuck the light in closely to the 1-1:30 position. If your rail also has attachment points in the 45  positions, you can use their inline mount, which will put the light in the same location as the offset mount. I have both and they are great pieces. Super light and low profile pieces.

Haley Strategics thorntail mounts were also in the running. They are functionally similar to Arisaka, but are constructed with 7075-T6 vs 6061-T5, so are stronger. I only went with Arisaka because it looks slightly cleaner. No extra rail attachment holes. Plus, I'd rather have the $50 mount break before the $400 light.
View Quote
Thanks. This will be going on a Larue which has a rail at the 3 o'clock position. Not sure an Arisaka mount would both to this hand guard.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 5:50:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#12]
Thanks. This will be going on a Larue which has a rail at the 3 o'clock position. Not sure an Arisaka mount would both to this hand guard.
View Quote

Why would it not? They offer arisaka offset mounts like I have or even mlock offset mounts that mount at 3 or 9 o'clock and push it to 2 or 10 o'clock.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Some Larue hand guards don't have m-lok. They use screws into the hand guard as shown in this pic. It's upside down for some reason.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 6:06:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#14]
Some Larue hand guards don't have m-lok. They use screws into the hand guard as shown in this pic. It's upside down for some reason.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247601/11916AC8-2EE1-4127-AAE4-A5C313C7ADE1_jpe-2974625.JPG
View Quote

You can install a rail section and install the arisaka picitany rail mount offset mount ie the one I have.
offset mount
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Micro came in today.  My first CD light and overall, I’m fairly impressed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#16]

You can install a rail section and install the arisaka picitany rail mount offset mount ie the one I have.
offset mount
View Quote
There's a rail section show in the pic. Ideally I'd not use the rail section.
Guess it'll cost me $53 to find out if the Arisaka will bolt directly to the hand guard.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:35:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#17]
Guess it'll cost me $53 to find out if the Arisaka will bolt directly to the hand guard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

offset mount

I’ll save you the money, a MLOK mount won’t.  That spacing is way off and even if it weren’t, MLOK mounts have protrusions on the back side that interface with MLOK slots, it’s not flat.

This is the problem with proprietary accessory mounting systems.

You could give the SMR 416 mount a shot, but I think the hole spacing is wider than 1.6”.

https://arisakadefense.com/offset-scout-mount-geissele-smr-416/

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks but I went with the pic mount for now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Arisaka also has this Offset Scout Mount for Picatinny...

https://arisakadefense.com/offset-scout-mount-picatinny/
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Arisaka also has this Offset Scout Mount for Picatinny...

https://arisakadefense.com/offset-scout-mount-picatinny/
View Quote

I already posted that a couple posts up..
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Got the light and mount.  Thanks for the recommendation!
Anyone had issues with heat with the plastic switch end caps that keep it on the pic rail?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Got the light and mount.  Thanks for the recommendation!
Anyone had issues with heat with the plastic switch end caps that keep it on the pic rail?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247601/7038A0AD-E1D6-4605-BFEB-DEDDBE2EFC90_jpe-2978190.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247601/EEE41F8C-9383-48F6-94FE-3EA83BB56295_jpe-2978191.JPG
View Quote
I stopped at a local range the other day after work for some rifle therapy. They close about an hour after I do, so I didn't have much time there, but was having such a good time that I ended up running through about 400 rounds in under an hour. My rifle has a very thin rail, so everything mounted to it is closer to the barrel. The tape switch on my Rein 3.0 happens to be just offset to the gas block. Heat didn't seem to cause any issues with it at all.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 9:35:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Headbarcode] [#23]
Accidental repeat
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I stopped at a local range the other day after work for some rifle therapy. They close about an hour after I do, so I didn't have much time there, but was having such a good time that I ended up running through about 400 rounds in under an hour. My rifle has a very thin rail, so everything mounted to it is closer to the barrel. The tape switch on my Rein 3.0 happens to be just offset to the gas block. Heat didn't seem to cause any issues with it at all.
View Quote

Good to hear, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Decided to switch gears from SF and picked up a Micro for my new LaRue setup… wound up buying online from Bereli. What I received was an unsealed box (doesn’t look like it was ever sealed). The actual light was wrapped in a single layer of that thin packing foam and the pic rail attachment (that’s even listed on the outside of box) was missing.

After some superficial responses and delayed interactions from Bereli when questioning the issues and inquiring about a replacement, their answer was “it’s a brand new product, that’s how we get it from the manufacturer, no replacement because we’re out of stock, here’s a return label.”

Is this how new Rein’s come packaged? Is the pic rail attachment actually not included?

Without testing on the LaRue, the light seems to operate as it should. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I’ve ordered a Rein 3.0 to pair with my PEQ15.  What  mount will tuck it up next to the 12 o’clock mounted PEQ without interfering?  Offset?  In-line?  Also, the switch/pressure pad placement is giving me indigestion.  I’m open to ideas & recommendations.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 11:29:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I just got a REIN 3.0 today.  I like the power, lightweight, and size.  It is larger than a PLHv2 but still fits on the most outboard (3rd) hole on an Arisaka offset mount with the head right next to a Troy BUIS (which is a larger front BUIS).

But the REIN 3.0 doesn't work with the KeepPower button top 18650's that I use with my Modlite PLHv2.  I have tried multiple batteries, assembled, disassembled, watched the instructions again (yes I screwed in the orange thing), etc. etc.  Nothing.

It does work with the flattop orange 18650 that came with it, but I have to *really* crank the endcap ring to get it to work.  Like literally 1/8 of a turn off max tight and it doesn't work.  It took me a bit of time to even figure that out.  So I'm pretty frustrated with the light right now.

It almost seems like the endcap spring is too short or something.  I thought I was screwing something up, until I found this thread.  Ugh.

I like the robustness of the independent tape switch and tail cap.  But out of the box I had to mess with it quite a bit just to get it to produce *any* light.  I tend to think that this REIN 3.0 is overly complex, but it does accommodate a of different batteries (CR123, and button, flat, and USB 18650's).
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 51R:
I just got a REIN 3.0 today.  I like the power, lightweight, and size.  It is larger than a PLHv2 but still fits on the most outboard (3rd) hole on an Arisaka offset mount with the head right next to a Troy BUIS (which is a larger front BUIS).

But the REIN 3.0 doesn't work with the KeepPower button top 18650's that I use with my Modlite PLHv2.  I have tried multiple batteries, assembled, disassembled, watched the instructions again (yes I screwed in the orange thing), etc. etc.  Nothing.

It does work with the flattop orange 18650 that came with it, but I have to *really* crank the endcap ring to get it to work.  Like literally 1/8 of a turn off max tight and it doesn't work.  It took me a bit of time to even figure that out.  So I'm pretty frustrated with the light right now.

It almost seems like the endcap spring is too short or something.  I thought I was screwing something up, until I found this thread.  Ugh.

I like the robustness of the independent tape switch and tail cap.  But out of the box I had to mess with it quite a bit just to get it to produce *any* light.  I tend to think that this REIN 3.0 is overly complex, but it does accommodate a of different batteries (CR123, and button, flat, and USB 18650's).
View Quote

Their customer service is really good.

I’ve used it enough to know.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DrM13:
Decided to switch gears from SF and picked up a Micro for my new LaRue setup… wound up buying online from Bereli. What I received was an unsealed box (doesn’t look like it was ever sealed). The actual light was wrapped in a single layer of that thin packing foam and the pic rail attachment (that’s even listed on the outside of box) was missing.

After some superficial responses and delayed interactions from Bereli when questioning the issues and inquiring about a replacement, their answer was “it’s a brand new product, that’s how we get it from the manufacturer, no replacement because we’re out of stock, here’s a return label.”

Is this how new Rein’s come packaged? Is the pic rail attachment actually not included?

Without testing on the LaRue, the light seems to operate as it should. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/575014/IMG_3485_jpeg-2997854.JPG
View Quote

I'd have to look at my boxes to see if they were taped, but that package you got was significantly discounted and included an mlok mount that is usually an extra $40 add on.
You could probably throw a WTT up and have someone swap you for the pic mount pretty darn easy if that's what you really want, but except for putting it on a fsb mount there's not really a time I can understand wanting the direct pic mount.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 7:41:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#30]

View Quote

When you say you cranked on the end cap, do you mean the orange plastic battery jack in the body/tube? You might need to adjust it to use different 18650 types.

I try to keep to one brand/type of battery so I don’t have to adjust it, but it’s a part of the set up that often gets missed. If I want to run CR123’s I have to spin that orange battery jack a little bit from where my 18650’s seat. If you haven’t tried that, see if that works. The battery jack is tight at first, so make sure you have something that fits it well.

Go to 5:00 in this video if you haven’t adjusted the battery jack.
REIN Setup and Troubleshoot

If adjusting the battery jack doesn’t fix it, might reach out to them. Let them know that too, as their default response will be to adjust it. I’ve never used button tops so that’s the extent of any advice I can offer.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

When you say you cranked on the end cap, do you mean the orange plastic battery jack in the body/tube? You might need to adjust it to use different 18650 types.

I try to keep to one brand/type of battery so I don’t have to adjust it, but it’s a part of the set up that often gets missed. If I want to run CR123’s I have to spin that orange battery jack a little bit from where my 18650’s seat. If you haven’t tried that, see if that works. The battery jack is tight at first, so make sure you have something that fits it well.

Go to 5:00 in this video if you haven’t adjusted the battery jack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Dw7ICBrQg

If adjusting the battery jack doesn’t fix it, might reach out to them. Let them know that too, as their default response will be to adjust it. I’ve never used button tops so that’s the extent of any advice I can offer.
View Quote

No by cap I mean the end ring cap that holds the push button end on the light body. I had to crank that really tight to get the light to work.

And yes I did properly adjust the orange plastic jack per their videos.

Man, this light is great though. I tested it last night. Great spill and incredible penetration through ink black night and trees and bushes at 100-200+ yards estimated distance.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for replying… as you inferred, I wasn’t planning on using the pic mount anyway. My question was directed at understanding if this is really a “new/unused” product or if it’s some hodgepodge, thrown-together used/returned item that the seller is trying to unload as new.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for replying… as you inferred, I wasn’t planning on using the pic mount anyway. My question was directed at understanding if this is really a “new/unused” product or if it’s some hodgepodge, thrown-together used/returned item that the seller is trying to unload as new.
View Quote

I think the REIN 3.0's are now coming with a straight MLOK mount.  Mine did, but at 2:00 did not provide enough clearance with my front BUIS.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:55:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#34]

I think the REIN 3.0's are now coming with a straight MLOK mount.  Mine did, but at 2:00 did not provide enough clearance with my front BUIS.
View Quote

Mine came with the picatinny mount and i purchased it at the end of July.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Mine came with the picatinny mount and i purchased it at the end of July.
View Quote

From the Cloud Defensive website:

Included:

1 REIN
1 Remote switch tail cap assembly with integrated push button
2 LCS side plates with hardware
1 Torrent MLOK Inline, with all mounting hardware
1 Cloud Defensive labeled Nitecore Charger
1 18650 battery
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#36]

From the Cloud Defensive website:

Included:

1 REIN
1 Remote switch tail cap assembly with integrated push button
2 LCS side plates with hardware
1 Torrent MLOK Inline, with all mounting hardware
1 Cloud Defensive labeled Nitecore Charger
1 18650 battery
View Quote

Well I'm just letting you know what my fde reign 3 came with that I purchased at the end of July came with. I'm not sure when they switched mounts but my order date was July 27.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Well I'm just letting you know what my fde reign 3 came with that I purchased at the end of July came with. I'm not sure when they switched mounts but my order date was July 27.
View Quote

Maybe.  My order was this week direct from Cloud.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Maybe.  My order was this week direct from Cloud.
View Quote

Interesting… did your actual lights come wrapped in the thin packing foam as mine did? Or were the secured in the center of a cardboard cutout as I’ve seen in some videos online?
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:48:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#39]

Interesting… did your actual lights come wrapped in the thin packing foam as mine did? Or were the secured in the center of a cardboard cutout as I’ve seen in some videos online?
View Quote

Mine had the cardboard.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Mine had some cardboard insert.

The Arisaka offset MLOK mount works great for the REIN 3.0.  The Torrent inline will go in the parts bin.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 12:58:14 AM EDT
[#41]

Mine had some cardboard insert.

The Arisaka offset MLOK mount works great for the REIN 3.0.  The Torrent inline will go in the parts bin.
View Quote

Mine was the cardboard with pic mount.

But interestingly enough when I was trying to find more info on this I found that China is knocking off Cloud Defensive lights now. Both the REIN and the OWL. They finally made the big time.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Thanks to all for the feedback… the package I received was obviously questionable from the jump.

It’s definitely going back to Bereli.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 9:19:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#43]
20% off on their site through Nov.

I ordered a Micro 3.0 to try out.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I’m gonna be honest I really don’t like the pressure pad set up.

I don’t like the proprietary nature of it
I don’t like the non-modularity of it
I don’t like two separate buttons for momentary/constant
I don’t like how hard momentary is to press

I’m sure you can get used to it, but I fail to see any of those things as advancements or benefits over everyone else’s Pressure pads
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:35:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#45]

I’m sure you can get used to it, but I fail to see any of those things as advancements or benefits over everyone else’s Pressure pads
View Quote

The pressure pad is an older design at this point but they where the first company to break away from the surefire setup-the wires on the legacy designs couldn't handle the output. This is noted in the legacy body where they state loss of power with certain tapeswitches. They teased the single button a few months ago.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

YOu can get the the legacy body and the 3.0 head and use any surefire tail cap and whatever switch you want.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

The pressure pad is an older design at this point but they where the first company to break away from the surefire setup-the wires on the legacy designs couldn't handle the output. This is noted in the legacy body where they state loss of power with certain tapeswitches. They teased the single button a few months ago.
View Quote

That would be great. I’m not in the camp of needing to use SF type switches, but it if CD is going to go the proprietary route it needs to be better than the competition. Right now, IMO, it isn’t.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#48]
REIN 3.0's. One standard and one with Legacy body, DS00, and ModButton Lite

Link Posted: 12/12/2023 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JJL0325:
REIN 3.0's. One standard and one with Legacy body, DS00, and ModButton Lite

https://i.imgur.com/mwW6O9O.jpg
View Quote

Do you notice much a difference between output and battery life?
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't notice a difference at all.
Page / 4
Cloud Rein 3.0 (Page 3 of 4)
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top