Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 7:09:03 PM EDT
Was sitting around, looking at various rigs on my rifle, and realizing none of my streamlights have dual switches for IR devices. Jump on Streamlights website, and they don't offer them. (Why, streamlight, why?!)

I'm no stranger to a soldering iron.... has anyone taken the leap? It can't be too tricky. Was wondering if I could use a Surefire dual switch, or an Insight. Snip a wire, solder the new one up to it....

Anyone know if the internals of the wires are compatible, or is this a horrible idea? I'm a bit hesitant just due to the price tag of the dual switches. I'd be at ease trying it on a cheaper option....
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
OST.  i like soldering too.

i wonder if TAPS or TAPS Pro would be easier.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OST.  i like soldering too.

i wonder if TAPS or TAPS Pro would be easier.
View Quote
Interesting idea. TAPS could be an good candidate. Maybe TNVC could come out with a Streamlight friendly version and save us all the trouble. I'm not gonna mess with the Programmable PRO, though. I need to keep it idiot/me-proof.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
a DBAL switch works in a streamlight remote tailcap

so I use the dual DBAL? surefire 07 switch to activate my TLR-2  all IR eyesafe and my x300.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
a DBAL switch works in a streamlight remote tailcap

so I use the dual DBAL? surefire 07 switch to activate my TLR-2  all IR eyesafe and my x300.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59914/!!!!!_this_on-279806.JPG
View Quote
That's good to know! I more had my eyes on the Streamlight rail lights. The HL-X in particular.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure any Insight (or DBAL) plug will work with Streamlight TLR series lights with the remote switch port.

Pick up an Insight Dual Switch if you need to activate the Streamlight as well as an ATPIAL-C or DBAL.

ETA:  It appears they are compatible.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure any Insight (or DBAL) plug will work with Streamlight TLR series lights with the remote switch port.

Pick up an Insight Dual Switch if you need to activate the Streamlight as well as an ATPIAL-C or DBAL.

ETA:  It appears they are compatible.
View Quote
Yup! Very useful info I didn't have before I started this thread.

Still looking for a solution to run a railmount 1 or HL-X, though.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top