Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2017 10:50:25 AM EDT
Are they on par with surefire or not?    Better than Streamlight?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the APL for my Sig.

I'ts nice and bright and I like the way it works.  However I had to send it back shortly after purchase for a new one as this one went from super bright to very dim no matter how many new batteries I put into it.  It then worked for a few months and it's back down to nothing.  Seems to drain the batteries while sitting.  I took it off and have not put it back on.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the APL for my Sig.

I'ts nice and bright and I like the way it works.  However I had to send it back shortly after purchase for a new one as this one went from super bright to very dim no matter how many new batteries I put into it.  It then worked for a few months and it's back down to nothing.  Seems to drain the batteries while sitting.  I took it off and have not put it back on.
View Quote
Well then, that settles that.  I have a few Surefires, just didn't know about these so much. Seems like I don't want to.  Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
FBI uses them on SWAT M4's, They seem to like them. I like them they are a nice option, however placement is crucial for operation
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well then, that settles that.  I have a few Surefires, just didn't know about these so much. Seems like I don't want to.  Thanks for the input.
View Quote
Based on the experience of one person?? ?

I love mine. mounted at 12 o'clock. Never any issues, I've gotten it wet, bounced around, banged against stuff. Never comes loose, always comes on.

ETA: This 3mb limit on pics is a huge pain in the ass.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Too many reports of cracks for me to trust their engineering
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I love mine, works great and I use it on the farm on my SBR 2-3 nights a week.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I've not had any trouble out of my WML's or APL's
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Based on the experience of one person?? ?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96899/20170713-081600-252851.JPG
View Quote
This. I have an APL on my G17 and a WML on my go-to ar, and both have been flawless and I have full faith behind. Guess where my surefire is? At the warranty department...
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are they on par with surefire or not?    Better than Streamlight?
View Quote

Hell no, on both of those questions.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_20/709199_Inforce-APL-Gen-3.html&page=1#i7383574
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Have 2 APL's and a WML, I like them better than the TLR-1's they replaced and they're not the price of the Surefire.  Probably going to pick up the new APL soon for my nightstand gun and trade out the APL on my backup AR for a WML.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Too many reports of cracks for me to trust their engineering
View Quote
On the older model, yes. I've used both, including the new reinforced model, and it's great.

OP, I've used surefire, streamlight, inforce, pelican, and I'll say I really like what inforce is offering. They're a small, streamlined package and they work. It's simple. No wires, just the pressure pad. I replaced my surefire scout with mine. I'm happy with the trade off. I'm not easy on my rifles, so time will tell if it'll hold up.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top