Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2017 5:10:14 PM EDT
All of my guns that have lights on them have either TLR lights or x300's.

Well I got a good deal on some Larue mounts (LT707 and LT606) and I'm in the market for a new light to go with my new mounts... I haven't decided which mount I want to use yet because I want to pick the light first.

I have two different sized sets of rings for the mounts (1.040" and .830").

I don't want to spend more than $100 (I'd rather spend $50 to be honest) and I don't want a pressure switch.

I'm leaning towards the Surefire G2X but wanted some more opinions. So what are some other good options for me?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
G2X Tactical.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
All of my guns that have lights on them have either TLR lights or x300's.

Well I got a good deal on some Larue mounts (LT707 and LT606) and I'm in the market for a new light to go with my new mounts... I haven't decided which mount I want to use yet because I want to pick the light first.

I have two different sized sets of rings for the mounts (1.040" and .830").

I don't want to spend more than $100 (I'd rather spend $50 to be honest) and I don't want a pressure switch.

I'm leaning towards the Surefire G2X but wanted some more opinions. So what are some other good options for me?  
View Quote
What lumen/candela range are you looking for?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Not picky on lumens....  this is going on a all purpose rifle (HD to killing random critters) I just want it to work when I need it.

I figure with today's advances in lights any light that I get that is durable enough will have enough lumens.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not picky on lumens....  this is going on a all purpose rifle (HD to killing random critters) I just want it to work when I need it.

I figure with today's advances in lights any light that I get that is durable enough will have enough lumens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Armytek Dobermann Pro

It's on sale rt now. High candela (36k-39k candela) and a medium throw range.

EDIT: I actually just bought one. 1700lm model.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I just won a 6px Tactical on the bay for $45... I guess I'm gonna give it a whirl.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 3:37:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just won a 6px Tactical on the bay for $45... I guess I'm gonna give it a whirl.
View Quote
Right on. Enjoy it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#7]
You can find a NOS Surefire 6P or G2 with a aluminum head and pair it with a Malkoff P60 all for under 75.00 This bomb proof setup with it's front and rear springs is a better option vs a G2X Tactical especially if you use it on a hard recoiling gun such as a shotgun.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top