Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2017 6:58:34 PM EDT
I'm looking to purchase my first SureFire light and have been looking at the X300, but not sure of the differences between the A and B models? I am looking to mount this on either an AR or Tavor. Can someone help me with the differences and which one would be best? I thought about the InForce lights, but have read too many reviews about the polymer breaking.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
X300-UA uses the little polymer levers for mounting while the X300-UB uses a little screw.  I've seen too many broken screws on the B model (to include one that I've personally broke) to recommend them.  I'd stick with the A model.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
A not B so you can quickly move the pistol light to a rifle or handheld. I hate bolted down pistol lights.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
sure fire's only advantage are the switches

I'd get the stream light tlr-1hl.

it a light so no need to crank it down to hold zero they are basically QD with no tools , lighter, brighter & longer run time too.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#4]
sure fire's only advantage are the switches

I'd get the stream light tlr-1hl.

it a light so no need to crank it down to hold zero they are basically QD with no tools , lighter, brighter & longer run time too.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Streamlight breaks at 3x the rate of Surefire for people in my department. Both in length of service and overall. Streamlight break mounts, switch levers, and battery doors so consistently we would have had to budget replacement parts vs the X300U that needs none and has better switching, mounts, reliability,  with equal range.

For me, Streamlight is minimum spec stuff all around. It's adequate, but not Surefire quality.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#6]
sounds like your department has a training problem. how many lights are in your arms room?

a stream light mount is forged aluminum with a steel spring & bolt what part of the mount is breaking? how much damage is done to a polymer rail when the failure occurs assuming you are using pistol lights on pistols.

or is your armorer not putting the rail key in correctly?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:15:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I own both TLR1 Hl's and X300u's. I have also broken both.

That being said, I trust the Surefire infinitely more and it's what I use on a weekly basis as a 3rd shift ofc.

The surefire also has a slimmer bezel that allows for better trigger coverage on holsters.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own both TLR1 Hl's and X300u's. I have also broken both.

That being said, I trust the Surefire infinitely more and it's what I use on a weekly basis as a 3rd shift ofc.

The surefire also has a slimmer bezel that allows for better trigger coverage on holsters.
View Quote
I'd really like to know how a x300 or tlr-1 is failing.

I'm obviously not doing full body armor patrols in the back of a dump truck. if lights  are being broken in  crazy stuff like daily weapon retention classes that is no big deal.  but, in routine daily duty  in a holster what is causing the failures.  I shoot 250 round 3 stand matches every month mostly I I don't remove my light, should I start removing my light.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd really like to know how a x300 or tlr-1 is failing.

I'm obviously not doing full body armor patrols in the back of a dump truck. if lights  are being broken in  crazy stuff like daily weapon retention classes that is no big deal.  but, in routine daily duty  in a holster what is causing the failures.  I shoot 250 round 3 stand matches every month mostly I I don't remove my light, should I start removing my light.
View Quote
my round count is quite a bit higher, but no, keep your light on. I've broken switches on both lights and cracked the bezel on a tlr.

Shit happens. Just the act of getting in and out of a squad car multiple times a day is gonna be wear and tear due to it being banged on door frames and the center console.

My tlr bezel cracked while my gun was bolstered and I was fighting with a suspect.

Idk, shit happens. Both companies took care of me with no hassle or fuss, I just prefer the surefire version
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#10]
as far as the whole A vs B mounting system, I prefer the B, but own both.

No issues with screws snapping or anything like that. All you gotta do is get it hand tight,  then give it maybe a quarterish turn more using a coin. If you're particularly worried, you can throw some vibratite on it.

With the A version, I've seen the polymer levers start to wear down after heavy usage, leading to sloppy fit.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I have both and see no reason to go with A at this point.    But, I wouldn't sell off my As to get a B either.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I broke a screw on a B and had 'em get loose unless they were screwdriver tight.  I like being able to remove with no tools.

I went back to A on the Glocks I use.  For a metal gun, I like the B better.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top