Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2017 5:26:07 PM EDT
Which mount fits this light to a bcm kmr rail?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You could just get a picatinny rail section that will fit in the keymod slots.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Trying not to do that. I've spent a LOT of money on keeping this rifle light. I'm running a stainless noveske barrel and im still roght at 6lbs. Really trying hard to hit that 6lb mark with the light.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Then you're SOL I'm sure.  If you have a top rail, you can mount it at 12 o'clock in front of your front sight.  If not, then you need to buy a small piece of 1913 rail to mount it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
No such thing to my knowledge.  Only aftermarket X series light mount I'm aware of is the Larue and it's picatinny.  If you wanted to use a Keymod mount, should have went with an M300V.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trying not to do that. I've spent a LOT of money on keeping this rifle light. I'm running a stainless noveske barrel and im still roght at 6lbs. Really trying hard to hit that 6lb mark with the light.
View Quote

It is a few ounces you are making a big deal over nothing.  If it is to heavy might want to hit the gym.  Attach a pic rail or put it on top of the rail if it is railed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Mount it at 12 o'clock and be done with it. It's ambidextrous and doesn't need any additional parts.

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mount it at 12 o'clock and be done with it. It's ambidextrous and doesn't need any additional parts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/ZakkWylde470/7B85D3E4-3564-4CE5-AEFF-2F0F4F8A0EA1_zpsypfqhtcm.jpg
View Quote

I'm wondering if he can't mount it at the 12 because he has an IR LAM mounted there (it is an IR model SF, which leads me to believe he has NV).
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It is a few ounces you are making a big deal over nothing.  If it is to heavy might want to hit the gym.  Attach a pic rail or put it on top of the rail if it is railed.
View Quote

If the purpose of his build is too be as light as possible then its a big deal and to suggest hitting the gym is even more

However, your last sentence is actual contribution and I agree that putting it the top rail is the best the OP is going to do weight-wise.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't committed to the light. That's why I asked . I ask before I buy. Seems to make more sense and now I know it won't work with bcms keymod mounts
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I haven't committed to the light. That's why I asked . I ask before I buy. Seems to make more sense and now I know it won't work with bcms keymod mounts
View Quote

I'd just pick up a mini Scout and an Arisaka KM Scout mount and call it a day.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Impact weapons sells a keymod mount for Surefire 300.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#14]
you can buy the rail section in composite/plastic.  will be lighter than usual - one came with my BCM Recce.  Works just fine for me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'd just pick up a mini Scout and an Arisaka KM Scout mount and call it a day.
View Quote

do you know if that will fit at 1 o'clock with a Troy sight up front?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

do you know if that will fit at 1 o'clock with a Troy sight up front?
View Quote

Can't say for sure, but I would almost guarantee it.  The Arisaka Scout mounts have different mounting positions for the light that allow you to scoot it out further from the top rail.  I had a mini Scout on an inline MLOK mount and was able to get it to clear a DBAL, which is quite a bit larger than a front iron sight.

Different mounting positions:
Attachment Attached File

My rifle:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Arson Machine, Arisaka, IWC, Bravo Company all make mounts that will offset the pistol light to the side.  All are good stuff.  Just depends on which one you like the best.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:39:05 AM EDT
[#19]
What I was looking for was a bit more specific. I'm not looking for a rail section. I want something that mounts directly to the body of the light, eliminating the clamp on the light straight to keymod. I usedon't to have one for my full sized scout but didn't know if anyone made one for the smaller light.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:11:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What I was looking for was a bit more specific. I'm not looking for a rail section. I want something that mounts directly to the body of the light, eliminating the clamp on the light straight to keymod. I usedon't to have one for my full sized scout but didn't know if anyone made one for the smaller light.
View Quote

Simplest answer is nope.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Simplest answer is Nope.
View Quote

Thank you.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top