Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2017 10:42:07 PM EDT
is there a way to adapt the mount on a Surefire M952V to mount directly on a Mlock, rail.  puting the rail on, then mounting the light to it makes it stick out annoyingly far.

I can see that the base is removable, so it makes me think there are some options.

Picture for reference.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:33:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I wonder of the 620 adapter can be attached directly to the m-loc. The pair looks like it would be good for a 9 or 3 o'clock slot

I have an ALG rail and it has slots at  10:30 and 1:30, so attaching the adapter directly to the slot would seem optimal. And problem solved for $20 is a sure win.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Arisaka just answered my message on facebook, aparently the 620 and 953 lugs are not the same. :(
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 3:09:01 AM EDT
[#4]
That's odd, Impact Weapons has a key mod mount for the 620 and they list it working with the 952.

Impact key mod mount.

Impact says they have a m-lok mount available, but it's not listed on their website.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Bolt it directly on to the rail. I've done it with KAC RAS before, shouldn't be very difficult to do so with your rail.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bolt it directly on to the rail. I've done it with KAC RAS before, shouldn't be very difficult to do so with your rail.
View Quote

I don't have a rail, I have m-loc slots. I am trying to avoid putting an rail on a slot then mounting the light as that would stick out pretty far.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's odd, Impact Weapons has a key mod mount for the 620 and they list it working with the 952.

Impact key mod mount.

Impact says they have a m-lok mount available, but it's not listed on their website.
View Quote

I'm looking at the thorntail offset.  A direct to m-loc offset would not work without slots at 3 and 9.  I could come off the top rail and have it in a position I like.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm looking at the thorntail offset.  A direct to m-loc offset would not work without slots at 3 and 9.  I could come off the top rail and have it in a position I like.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impact key mod mount.

I missed your post about having an ALG rail. I take it that you have a V2 or V3?

You can do what Nameless_Hobo suggested. Remove base from the light and mount the light directly to the rail.

I'll see if I can find some pics to help explain what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I missed your post about having an ALG rail. I take it that you have a V2 or V3?

You can do what Nameless_Hobo suggested. Remove base from the light and mount the light directly to the rail.

I'll see if I can find some pics to help explain what I'm talking about.
View Quote

I honestly don't know which version. I would love to mount it directly to a m-loc slot but I don't see how that can be done.  I can't reach in to the forearm tube to turn the screws.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:37:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't have a rail, I have m-loc slots. I am trying to avoid putting an rail on a slot then mounting the light as that would stick out pretty far.
View Quote

"Handguard"

I feel like you know precisely what I meant.

Anyway, which mlok handguard are you using? That would likely help in determining a solution for you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"Handguard"

Anyway, which mlok handguard are you using? That would likely help in determining a solution for you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Handguard"

He is using an ALG  EMR V2 or V3 m-lok. They both have a weird slot orientation on the rail. 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 o’clock positions instead of the standard 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:08:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"Handguard"

View Quote

I did not know

I would be happy to know a way to lose the rail locking mount on my M952 and mount it directly to an m-loc slot.  The hanguard is an ALG, it does not have slots at 3 and 9
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Would this work for you?

M952 MNS
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Would this work for you?

M952 MNS
View Quote

That actually looks close to ideal.  They don't list one for m-loc or key-mod but I can't imagine one of them not doing it.  I will e-mail them, they seem very on the spot with responses.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That actually looks close to ideal.  They don't list one for m-loc or key-mod but I can't imagine one of them not doing it.  I will e-mail them, they seem very on the spot with responses.
View Quote

They do not have one for m-loc at worst I'm gonna make something out of alluminum that looks like that, al khyber pass
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top