Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2016 10:25:41 AM EDT
Had a Bravo for some time. Great light.
Picked up an like new OD A2 front sight mount on Ebay a couple months ago.
Got the Elzetta tape switch form wife yesterday for Christmas.

Was in the basement early drinking dark roast and put it all together this morning on the Colt.
Very happy with set up.

Set it in mount so i can still twist cap with my finger tips to a constant on if need be.
Fished wire up in between clamshell front and barrel. Used a split piece of quality Toyota vacuum hose to shield wire from barrel heat.
Used the Magpul MOE hand guard surefire tape switch holder and double sided tape.
Did a little grinding on ends of rail section to fit the forward grip and single point sling mount to bottom.
Had to move single point from side to bottom as switch plate took up whole side.
I'm fine with sling point on bottom after testing it. Side is ideal obviously, but i'm not walking the countryside in post apocalyptic zombie land.

Link Posted: 12/26/2016 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Few more pics of OD goodness..

Link Posted: 12/27/2016 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice set-up.

Is that remote switch stiff, or is it easy to activate?
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.
Yeah, it's not too hard.
Kinda nice that you have to press a little so it won't be constantly flashing when you don't need it and have your thumb across it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.
Yeah, it's not too hard.
Kinda nice that you have to press a little so it won't be constantly flashing when you don't need it and have your thumb across it.
View Quote

I was hoping it was stiff, like sf remote switches. I am looking to replace my Streamlight remote, because it is just way too touchy, but I really don't want to spend what sf wants for one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:03:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Elzetta makes some good stuff, underrated IMO. Nice setup.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top