Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2016 10:08:20 AM EDT
So I've been wanting to get into the NV game for a while. I wound up purchasing a DBAL i2 at a great price I couldn't pass up. I originally wanted a green vis laser, however for the price, red will do just fine. So this is my first purchase and step towards a night vision set up. I plan on eventually getting a PVS14.

Anyway, I had a few questions for yall with DBALs. How well does their throw mount retain zero when taken off and put back on? I see people mount them all the way to the FSB. I understand why, however do you re-zero every time you change the battery? Or does the mount retain it well enough? Also I've read a bit about the battery drain. Is this still an issue? The one I bought is a 2014 manufacture. How long are batteries lasting you guys?

Thanks for any information and insight yall can give me. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They hold zero well, but it's always better to keep it mounted and not remove it like all QD mounts. Try to mount your DBAL a couple of slots back from your front sight to keep from having to dismount it when changing the battery. I never keep batteries in anything in storage unless absolutely necessary to avoid battery leakage, draining the battery if left in IR mode, or burning a image into your NODs when accidently left on.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They hold zero well, but it's always better to keep it mounted and not remove it like all QD mounts. Try to mount your DBAL a couple of slots back from your front sight to keep from having to dismount it when changing the battery. I never keep batteries in anything in storage unless absolutely necessary to avoid battery leakage, draining the battery if left in IR mode, or burning a image into your NODs when accidently left on.
View Quote

.                           .
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
So my reply to you came out as two dots. Not sure why. Anyway, yes when it arrives, I'll play with mounting position. Hoping to get it far forward as possible yet still be able to access the battery.

Anyone running a dbal with a surefire m600 and an arisaka offset adjustable mount. Want to try to tuck them in tight together.

Also any switches out there that will run both reliably? I hear the surefire isn't great for that combo, and can't find the tnvc/unity TAPS switch or if it's been released yet
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I just mounted my DBAL I2 on a Unity Tactical Fusion Hub. I found the Hub cheap in the EE. This allows me to get everything as close as possible. So far I like.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just mounted my DBAL I2 on a Unity Tactical Fusion Hub. I found the Hub cheap in the EE. This allows me to get everything as close as possible. So far I like.
View Quote

Does the fusion mount replace the factory mount for the dbal?
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Use a low profile iron sight like Magpul Pro or KAC, and put it backwards on your rail. Now you can reach your battery chamber without removing your sight or laser.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah the fusion mount replaces the factory mount. The fusion isn't QD but I like that I can get my light closer to the DBAL and on the same platform.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top