Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2016 3:08:22 PM EDT
About 2 years old, bought it in a Black Friday sale.

Only used to check battery function, and run a few familiarity drills.

Hell, it's on a shelf gun on the shelf next to my desk.

Never cleaned the lens with anything but an occasional lens cleaning wipe, same brand I use to clean my daily-wear specs and flat screen monitor.

Never on the weapon when the weapon is being cleaned/lubed.

Same model / same purchase time / same M.O. on a different weapon is perfectly clear.

Any recourse, or do I look for spare/replacement parts purchase lens from SL?

Thanks for responses.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It can develop a film from powder residue from thhe muzzle blast, but I've never seen it appear from just sitting. You might want to call Streamlight customer service.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:05:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this the TIR type lens or is it a metallized reflector?  IIRC on the TIR style lenses (optics), they don't use a glass front lens and so the polycarbonate plastic is fully exposed and can get degraded with use.  IF it has the glass lens infront of a metallized reflector, you should be able to just clean the lens and be done with it.  If it's glass, you can use an eraser some times.  But even over time the glass can get blasted out and need to be replaced, but you are talking a ton of rounds.  You can get replacements on line.  Just do a google search and hits will come up.  I think they are in the $20-30 range and will include the bezel, reflector, glass lens and an o-ring or 2.  IF you can get just the glass out, you can measure it (probably in MM) then go to one of the flashlight mod shops out there and get a new Borofloat lens for it.  Probably be less than $10 out the door on that.  IF you have the TIR style optic, I am not sure what can be done there.  You can call Streamlight and see if you can get a spare from them.  Or if you can some how figure out the MFG of the optic, you can probably source it from a flashlight mod shop.  There are only so many companies that make high quality, polycarb optics like that.  I think it's like 3-4.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Toothpaste on a q-tip will clean the powder residue off in a jiffy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Toothpaste on a q-tip will clean the powder residue off in a jiffy.
View Quote

I use a pencil eraser. Takes it right off.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top