Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2016 6:37:20 PM EDT
I just bought my first surefire m951 for a carbine.  My question is, what do you guys recommend throwing in it for a better bulb?

The light is fine, robust, bullet proof, but I feel like I would want a little better output.

Is it common for guys to throw a new bulb in them or should I just accept it for what it is?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Look into Malkoff drop in units.

I see you got the M951 I was watching on the EE...congrats
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have some of the 951, 952,956(IIRC). Some two cell and three. Malkoff and Nailbemder seem to be the upgrade to have.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Malkoff bulb, Haley Strategic mount, and UM0x tailcap makes it a modern, although super heavy, light.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 1:37:49 AM EDT
[#4]
If your lookin for flood a Malkoff is great, if you want more throw sell the 951 and buy a Surefire with a TIR head.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone ordered from the following?  The website looks a little sketchy and phone orders only makes me weary.

http://brightflashlights.com/Products/Malkoff_Devices.html

Disregard.  Found out they're a site sponsor
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top