Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2016 12:11:04 AM EDT
Hey, gents. Have a build with drop in handguards and aren't looking to drop a lot of dough or pick up a lot of weight for a rail. Looking for any options to mount a SF Scoutlight to the FSB. Any options out there? I see some that have picatinny on both ends, but they're kinda bulky. Looking for something kinda minimalist. Thanks, gents.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:54:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Anything that mounts to the FSB is going to be bulky.  i domt know of any dedicated scout light mounts- only thing I really,remember had a pic rail section.  I think it was made by GG&G or someone like that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I used this Midwest Industries mount for a setup similar to what it sounds like you're after.

My goal was just a KISS pistol for traveling.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Something like that looks like it would work well. My only complaint on something like that would be unnecessary bulk with an extra picatinny section on both sides.

Are there are any of those kinds of mounts with the rail only on one side? That would prolly close to perfect if there was.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:58:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't find a one sided one in my (rather short) research into this when I ended up going with the MI. I don't notice the pic rail on the opposite side when using the weapon. Plus, there is a sling swivel hole over there too, in case you need that. IDK, there's not really a great solution for this. I'm happy enough with the MI part that it hasn't influenced me to change the hand guard to a 4-rail or even an MOE with an MLOK light mount, for what that's worth.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Elzetta makes a popular one for FSB mounting on rifles with standard carbine handguards.  Their lights are incredible (and pricy) but the mount is affordable at about $25 or so.  It has different size inserts for different diameter lights. Very popular with police departments.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The Midwest Industries peice really isn't very bulky at all. It will be far thinner than your rail and it puts the light in a good position to activate it with your thumb when using a thumb over type grip if you're into that sort of thing. I had one a long while ago before I bought an extended rail and I really couldn't have been any happier with it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#8]
A slightly different option is the IWC scout mount for carbine handguards.  I just put one on one my builds.  It mounts through the handguard holes.  The only gotcha is that you have to pull the heatshield back a bit to get the nuts in there, but once it's all back together, it seems very solid.  I haven't beat on it, though.  Overall, it's a nice, compact setup that only adds 1-2oz or so.  I put an arisaka 300 series on mine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I used to use a Midwest Industries front sight rail + a VLTOR scout mount.

Just FYI - the FSB gets HOT.  It's not ideal but it can work.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just FYI - the FSB gets HOT.  It's not ideal but it can work.
View Quote

This^^^

I would say use a IWC or a GGGAZ.

I have a Streamlight Mount on my dissipator with regular A2 rifle length hand guards. Its plastic but that was a good thing because I could trim it to fit farther forward easily.

Here it is with a TLR 1, however I did recently put a Scout M300 on the mount with the tail cap switch and it works just fine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#11]
There's this mount:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Tri-Rail-Mount-p/bcm-tri-rail.htm
Its a copy of what the Canadian Armed Forces use on the C7s.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#12]
GG&G SLiC
Midwest Industries FSB rail
IWC Mount-n-Slot
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all of the replies, guys. I finally got some of this built so I can be more specific. This is what I'm trying to mount a light to. The IWC Mount N Slot was what I looked at first, but they won't work with A1 handguards. However, the GG&G mount looks pretty promising. I'm gonna check that out.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top