Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2016 12:41:47 PM EDT
I've got a trl1 IR and went to use my bump helmet last night and my light was laying next to the helmet on my safe shelf. Battery compartment latch broke in half just sitting on my helmet in the safe.
I will not be having it replaced or fixed. I would like a refund for a shit light.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a switch fail on my after a couple of years of use on a TLR1. Emailed them and they sent me a new switch
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 5:11:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow! I thought I was the only one. I have had the battery compartment latch break for no apparent reason three times on my TLR. Their CS is very good, and they repaired it quickly each time. They seemd unconcerned about the repeated failures. No more new Streamlights for me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 5:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow! I thought I was the only one. I have had the battery compartment latch break for no apparent reason three times on my TLR. Their CS is very good, and they repaired it quickly each time. They seemd unconcerned about the repeated failures. No more new Streamlights for me.
View Quote

I was hesitant to leave surefire but I went ahead and tried them because they are that much cheaper. Let's just say I'm going back to surefire and will never own another streamlight product.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I will not be having it replaced or fixed. I would like a refund for a shit light.
View Quote

I doubt they will issue you a refund.  Your best bet is to have it repaired under warranty, then sell it on the EE.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I used their warranty once for a handheld Ultra Stinger that I used for work. It had inadvertently fallen onto the pavement from where I was working above, and 10 seconds later a truck that was backing up backed right over it.

I was not happy about it because the light was almost new. It bent the tube and ruptured the battery cell inside. I thought I was out ~$140 and would have to buy a new one, but our tool rep gave me a new one on the spot and sent the damaged one back to Streamlight. They warrantied it no questions asked.

That kind of service sold me on Streamlight. I currently own five TRL-1 lights that I have mounted on long guns. I own six various hand held Streamlights, and lastly one of their headlamps. So far, I have not had any issues with any of them over the years. Granted none of my TRL-1's see anything resembling duty use, but several of my handhelds see hard use daily.

That is my experience with Streamlight. I like their products, and my experience with their customer service was excellent.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used it twice, once for the same light. I had a switch go bad on a PL2 after a week. It came back and worked for a little while and had issues again. At the same time I sent in one of their smaller pen lights and they sent me back a working PL2 and a new, brighter version of the pen light. I would same don't send your light into the regional service center, which is what I did the first time.

Had a switch go bad on one of the new surefires and they took care of me too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I loaned a TLR1 to a friend that used it in a class.  He went around a corner and smashed the bezel on something, shattering the lens.  

He contacted them and told me they said no problem and a new one was there within days.  

I own at least 5 working Streamlights that I use for work and around the house.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 6:19:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I used both their "system" and direct email for warranty service on my flashlight,  in the last 2 weeks.  no response as of today.

-Bryan
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I sent in a 10 year old light that would not charge anymore, even with a new battery...they sent me a brand new light.  Streamlight gets two thumbs up on CS.  I mailed in my light with a note as to the problem and how much I had used and enjoyed my light.  Had a new one in about a week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:59:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Got a light on a trade.  Flickered and then quit.

Called up Streamlight.  Sent it back in.  Got a light back that works 100%.

They did what I'd expect considering their reputation for standing behind their products.

My only complaint was the turn around time, which was close to a month....but for $0, I can't complain too much.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I just sent one in on Monday - there is a burn mark on the LED of my TRL1s. Never seen that on a flashlight before. It does still work, but the inside of the reflector is not shiny anymore... Now it is kinda white. So, I sent it in - hopefully I get it back soon.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I had three Stingers that I completely wore out.  I sold all three for $5 at the swap meet and thought I did very well.  I had no idea they had a lifetime warranty.  

I kept the charging stations and bought two LED stingers.  I am very pleased with the service and durability of these lights.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I've never had to ship a light in for warranty work. I have a police supply store local that's a service center. I had an SL-20 switch go out several times over the last 15 years. They always replace them with no questions. I was told that many of their products have to be sent to HQ for service though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 6:50:28 AM EDT
[#14]
i was finally able to get my shipped in, I had a new one in two days - no questions asked.  I was more than satisfied.

-Bryan
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I tried a couple years back.  They told me to go to one of their service centers.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:13:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I had a broken battery cover on a TLR1 and emailed them.  They sent one right out.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top