Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2016 6:27:26 PM EDT
So over the many years I've used pretty much only Surefire and Fenix, and I felt I should leave a good review here for people who are interested in buying Fenix instead of other brands. I have a Fenix TK15 that i have been using for about 3 years. I first had it mounted on an 11.5 rifle, and then decided to replace that with a surefire and use the Fenix as a hunting light. By hunting, I mean hunting for lobster around midnight off the coast. After dark, I snorkel around looking for rock structures and then dive down about 15 feet to get them (I think Fenix says they are only water proof to about 3 feet, but I trust mine down to 20 feet from experience). This Fenix has been doing that now for 2 years and has gone out with me more than 60 times. I have dropped it to the bottom where it hit rock, I have dropped it while walking out of my house down the cement stairs, and i have really not taken care of this light at all, simply because I have many surefire ones to replace it. However, after years I still just don't need to replace it. I have a huge amount of confidence in Fenix now and I have now been carrying their PD22 for about a year as my EDC. Nothing really to say about any other brands, but if anyone is wondering about Fenix, Fenix really has been a great light. I'm Amazed it still works. Its had some rusting, and I've painted it a few times (which wears off) to try and protect it a little. Otherwise it works great. Anyway, maybe their lights are a cheaper alternative for people?
If anyone has any other experience with certain lights that would be awesome? and not just "I've had this a little while", I mean real use.
note: Im not affiliated with any flashlight company.
Cheers!

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Same experience.... Fenix is my go to lighting brand these days.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice to see a worn light that still kicking. Nice to see that it's not a Surefire as well.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have several Fenix and Surefire lights; the newest is the Fenix PD32. So far so good, they've been good lights at good prices.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive got a PD35 that I got for christmas probably 3 years ago now. Used it for a lot but the side switch failed after almost a year. Got it warrantied out, now I try to use my solarforce for everything and keep the pd35 as a light duty use. The solarforce I have had for 4-5 years now, finish is worn, its dinged up but it still works. Although it doesn't have a side switch, nor is the head potted to the body to help with heat transfer as it is on the fenix, its a great little light.

Still love the fenix though, powerful light in a smallish package.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have several AR's and several Surefires.  My patrol rifle that I keep next to me in the car wears a Fenix.

I trust it more than my Surefires.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I have several TK12's on rifles. They have all held up beautifully. I've carried Fenix as EDC for about 5 years now.

While working I carry Streamlight (issued).

If I had to buy my own it would be Fenix.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:07:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Fenix fan here, as well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been using Klarus.  Have been extremely happy with their products (tactical models).  Would love to see a Klarus in your hands op to see how it holds up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 6:39:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I have one Fenix and one surefire (amongst others that are not on rifles) the surefire broke and the fenix is still working.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you everyone for your responses! I've really been impressed by fenix.

I'm neutral on surefire lights, I really like their pressure switches though. Fenix really needs to step up their game on the pressure switch stuff.

Ill touch back in the years to come on lights I've been using, it would be great for everyone to do the same.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been using Klarus.  Have been extremely happy with their products (tactical models).  Would love to see a Klarus in your hands op to see how it holds up.
View Quote

Sounds good, I ordered a Klarus XT11 today, they look great actually! I've never heard of them until now. Thank you for the suggestion.
Ill use it for a bit and check back

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sounds good, I ordered a Klarus XT11 today, they look great actually! I've never heard of them until now. Thank you for the suggestion.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7728/27411906256_b4e0f97aa3_b.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7728/27411906256_b4e0f97aa3_b.jpg

I have a XT10, 11, 11S and XT2C. Love them all.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I have 7 or 8 different Fenix lights. The latest purchase being a PD35 Tac. Awesome light and hard to beat the price. I think it was around $70 with 2 rechargeable 18650's and a charger. I also have a few of the AA powered E21's which are sweet just to have kicking around the boat and stuff.  I use those under water all the time lol

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Thank you very much for this post/thread!
I have wanted to try Fenix but unsure about quality.
Do you have any experience with their customer service/warranty? I know SureFires customer service is second to NONE!
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#20]
which light would you recommend for an AR.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a TK11 that I originally purchased for use at work about 6 years ago.   Even more impressive is that the AW 18650 cell I bought with it is still kicking.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lots of good lights now available

Fenix
Olight
NiteCore
Zebralight (made in the U.S.)
View Quote

I love Olight. I beat the crap out if mine. Plus I've seen a vid where a guys starts off the torture test buy using various plights like a hammer to pound big nails into wood. Crazy. All of the still worked.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a Fenix LD12 that I got as a test flashlight to see if I wanted to merchandise our stores with them.  That was 4 years ago and I put it through some abuse, it's the only one to survive out of a few brands I tested, my g2 caught fire along with my dresser top and I take responsbility for that because I left it on and didn't realize it.  They are my go to flash light and I have bought a few other models
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#25]
My wife has a fenix that she got about a year ago that set in her purse an was used maybe a handful of times an quit working. My wife never registed the warranty so we are just out the money.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Same experience.... Fenix is my go to lighting brand these days.
View Quote

X3
EDC & house flashlights. I know my PD22 is also good to about 5 feet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I use my Fenix UC35 everyday at work as my backup light. Similar light to the PD35, but rechargeable.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#28]
How do they hold up with recoil as weapon lights?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How do they hold up with recoil as weapon lights?
View Quote

On a 5.56 SBR they are totally fine. Never had a problem.
Not sure about any other caliber.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top