Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 12:42:22 AM EDT
I am looking for mount suggestions for the light on my 300 blk upper. My other rifles have scouts on them, but the light for this rifle I believe will require a ring mount.

The light is a Surefire Vtac L4 mini. It essentially has the E series body and any mount diameter for that series should work however, the body on this light is shorter than say the EB1. I tried the polymer Vtac mount, but it didn't seem to clamp onto my rail all the way and leaves a gap between the two halves. I also tried a Vltor that ended up being too wide. I also considered the Vtac executive .84 mount, but it requires use of one of the hub's and at that point, I'm into the mount almost $100! I'd like to stay around the $40-$50 mark.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two Vtac's, and that gap you describe is normal, and affects nothing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, getting the ring and a hub will get expensive... if you do not want to stick with the mount you have and can't find a .840ths light mount ; then use a larger mount. I have had lights slightly smaller than the mount i was planning on using. I just wrapped a sliver of Teflon tape around the body of the light. Saved me $40, having to buy a ring mount to put on a hub.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, getting the ring and a hub will get expensive... if you do not want to stick with the mount you have and can't find a .840ths light mount ; then use a larger mount. I have had lights slightly smaller than the mount i was planning on using. I just wrapped a sliver of Teflon tape around the body of the light. Saved me $40, having to buy a ring mount to put on a hub.
View Quote

May have to do that
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
May have to do that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

May have to do that

I use this tape at my job. But Amazon has it. It works damned good.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Frank Proctor has a small light mount that will fit Surefire E series lights. I have the larger VTAC light like you have and it is a Surefire E body.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Way of the Gun:

http://www.wayofthegun.us/plm-proctor-light-mount-1/
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Proctor Light Mount
Proctor Light Mount
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry for the multiple posts guy. I mostly read here, and don't post. Obviously.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top