Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2016 6:26:34 PM EDT
I searched the forum and never saw this name come up.  I have about 5 or 6 lights from this company and they are all great.  From my EDC pocket light to my 1200 lumen dazzler in my nightstand.  This is what I am getting ready to order for my 7.5" AR CQB gun.  

http://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-MH12-flashlight-rechargeable-EdisonBright/dp/B00TEYSUU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457821455&sr=8-1&keywords=nitecore+weapon

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a p12 at work and have no complaints
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I searched the forum and never saw this name come up.  I have about 5 or 6 lights from this company and they are all great.  From my EDC pocket light to my 1200 lumen dazzler in my nightstand.  This is what I am getting ready to order for my 7.5" AR CQB gun.  

http://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-MH12-flashlight-rechargeable-EdisonBright/dp/B00TEYSUU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457821455&sr=8-1&keywords=nitecore+weapon

View Quote

I need a EDC pocket light. Tell me about yours.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Nitecore Tiny Monster......too big for EDC, but HOLY CRAP does it light up an area...

NASA called, asked me to dim it down a little...

ETA:  TM-15 = 2600 lumens

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't listen to all the CPF'ers telling you lumens is the most important thing.  As long as you hit a minimum number, lumens is only one consideration, UI and Durability are just as important.

Rifle recoil will cause multi-mode lights to change brightness levels since the recoil will cause the battery connections to chatter.  If this is for a self-defense gun I would stick to companies who have a long track record of weapon light production like Streamlight and Surefire.  If you ever actually need to use a weapon light you don't want any surprises.

--

ETA:  Just looked at this Nitecore.  

A) I'd stay away from rechargeable since soon after they fall out of regulation the battery protections cause the light to just cut off - you literally get left in the dark.  Primaries will still run out of regulation but give you a long tail of gradual dimming - so you still have useful light and a warning.

B) "Impact resistant to 1.5 meters".  Seems rather flimsy.  I ran over my Surefire LX2 with a 1/2 ton diesel mower and hit the head with a mower blade.  Fired right up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry the NItecore MT1A.  It's just a single AA unit.  Multiple light settings and strobe.  Small and easy to carry.  My only complaint is the clips tend to get lost, so I just throw it in my pocket.

http://www.amazon.com/NiteCore-140-Lumen-Multitask-Flashlight-Black/dp/B0093804JM
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Good advice.  Truth be told, I haven't used Nitecore as a weapon light, but for 100.00 it's worth a try.  The cost of SureFire weapon lights is a little eye watering.  I know, I know....you get what you pay for.  And that may be the case.

I'm not hunting for Bin Laden in the caves of Tora Bora, so I am a little willing to take a chance on something a little less mission critical.

And I agree on the recharging issue - I'd opt for 123s instead.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Same here. It works great.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good advice.  Truth be told, I haven't used Nitecore as a weapon light, but for 100.00 it's worth a try.  The cost of SureFire weapon lights is a little eye watering.  I know, I know....you get what you pay for.  And that may be the case.

I'm not hunting for Bin Laden in the caves of Tora Bora, so I am a little willing to take a chance on something a little less mission critical.

View Quote

Get what you want but you can get stream lights and surefires for less than $100, and used units at significant discounts on the EE.

You may not be a door kicker but the whole purpose for a weapon light is positive ID before you shoot. If you care enough to get one - get a good one
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't had much luck with Nitecores.  Used Fenix and Olights with good results on a 12ga Benelli slug gun culling deer & hogs. Fenix pressure switch is made with some unglue-able material that nothing sticks to ... if you're looking to hook/loop it to the weapon.   Life & death, I'd stick with Surefire.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

$55 for a Surefire G2X tactical and $25 for a VTac mount would be much better use of your money, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, my EDC is the Nitecore EC11, 900 lumens using an 18350 battery. It's one bright SOB for its tiny size....

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. I think it got stolen going through security in Saudi and I'm pissed. Great flashlight, great price.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I have 2 nitecores and both had issues after some EDC use. I would not trust them at all in a weapon role. I won't be buying more
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have 2 nitecores and both had issues after some EDC use. I would not trust them at all in a weapon role. I won't be buying more
View Quote

I had a similar experience with the one Nitecore I owned years ago.  It had a very nice beam--good balance between throw and spill, but after a few years of EDC, it got stuck in low output mode.  Maybe they've improved since then.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top