Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2016 1:17:38 PM EDT
I'm looking to mount either a Surefire Scout M600 (don't own an M300) or one of those new Streamlight Protac Rail Mount 1 lights (pre-ordered from LAPG) to a Troy Alpha rail on an SBR and was hoping for some advise.

Which mount will bring the light closest to the rail so as to keep things close and tight but still function properly?

Something that mounts directly to the Alpha and not dependent on an add on piece of rail is my preference.

Any insight is greatly appreciated as I was hoping not to go through the trial and error path of buying numerous mounts only to be disappointed with the results.

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an M300 Scout on a LaRue LT272, it positions the light 1" from the rail, 1 1/2" to the center of the bezel.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the Larue LT752 offset mount.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies but just to clear things up...

I was hoping to mount the light to the Alpha without using the top rail.  This would mean the mount would have to be such that it would attach via the round hole in the rail body and I would want to use a mount that does not require the thumb screw mount that comes on the Scout Light.  I would remove that mount so as to bring the light closer to the body of the Alpha.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no experience with that rail, but could an mlok mount possibly work? I have only ever seen picatinny, mlok, and keymod attachment systems for the scouts and just in general for mounting anything. If nothing else, fabricate it yourself with a screw that fits the scout mounting holes and then a washer that secures the screw to the handguard.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

+1

Puts the light in perfect position for usage by your lead hand.

Also is reversible for lefties.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Came to post IWC, they make mounts for many rails on the market

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
IWC or Arisaka are my go-to.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks to all.

Looks like the IWC or Ariska will be what I'm looking for.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top