Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2016 1:09:34 PM EDT
Just got my Black Friday Surefire Scout and wanted to use the Arisaka inline scout mount in order to have good extension on the light. Problem is,it wont fit on the 45 degree of the KMR handguard with a fixed Fsb.As you can see the mount hits the fsb.

Ground a small bevel into the mount as you can see here (just ahead of the keymod nut). After clearancing the mount the damn ears on the light hit. So as you can see ive begun cutting them down.

Clearancing done. Cleaned up the grinding and hit it with hi heat woodstove paint.

Overview. Nice and tight,right where I want it.Could have used a Thorntail mount,had one but I don't really care for them. Besides, grinding on brand new parts fresh out of the box is fun. Makes my OCD buddy just twitch. I thought he was going to be physically ill when I started grinding on a brand new pristine Surefire. This is mounted on a 16" Noveske N4 light Recce with BCM KMR handguard, Id imagine the issue would be the same on any keymod handguard with a 45 degree mounting rail like the NSR.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.

After seeing the Ariska Scout bodies, I noticed they didn't have the toes like the Surefire bodies. I almost bought one for my mounting method, then opted out.

(thinking out loud) In the case of your situation, I may have considered using a piece of heat shrink as a shim. (/done thinking) Without physically dealing with what you solved, pictures never tell the whole story.

I like that KMR.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I considered using an Arisaka body but that would have been another $60. Had to grind on a brand new mount anyway,why not the light too.. LOVE,the KMR.Was hard choosing it over the NSR since this is a factory Noveske rifle but I had the KMR on another rifle and just loved it.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top