Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder if the Protacs are fully potted. If they are they seem like they would be a very nice weapon light, for a good price. I am gonna shoot Streamlight an e mail, and find out. I will report my findings.
View Quote

That would be fantastic.

I know Frank Proctor uses one without issue, but I always wondered how they performed under recoil.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That would be fantastic.

I know Frank Proctor uses one without issue, but I always wondered how they performed under recoil.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if the Protacs are fully potted. If they are they seem like they would be a very nice weapon light, for a good price. I am gonna shoot Streamlight an e mail, and find out. I will report my findings.

That would be fantastic.

Well, I tried. I cannot get there email service to work. I will call them tomorrow, and find out the scoop. I guess I could also try to contact them of Facebook. I really wanted to do it via e mail, so I could just post the actual e mail. I will figure it out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, I tried. I cannot get there email service to work. I will call them tomorrow, and find out the scoop. I guess I could also try to contact them of Facebook. I really wanted to do it via e mail, so I could just post the actual e mail. I will figure it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be fantastic.

Keep us updated.

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 12:02:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I finally figured out how to send them an e mail...I had to right click the e mail service, and save e mail address. This is what I sent them, I hope it doesn't sound to snooty.

Hello,
I have a technical question about your new Protac weapon lights.  I am sort of a flashlight junky, or a flashaholic,  whatever you want to call it, anyway, I love flashlights, I have many, including a TLR-1.

Anyway, I would like to know if the light engine on the new Protac is fully potted? I only ask, because I know what recoil, shock, and vibration can do to the electronics, and led driver of a weapon light.  On your data sheet...it says nothing about this.
While i'm sure many people will buy this weapon light, whether it is potted or not...several of us potential customers demand a higher standard of quality, and will pony up the extra $$ in order to get a product, that we know for sure is fully potted.
I really do think this weapon light looks very interesting,  but whether it is potted or not, is a make or break deal for me.

Thank you for your time,
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I talked to the Streamlight engineer, that is in charge of the Protak rail mount weapon lights. I told him that I belonged to a weapon forum, and we needed some important info on their product. And long story short....they are NOT fully potted. He gave me the speel, that with the design, fully potted electronics are not needed, and they did a thousand round test, I asked him what caliber, he didn't know, or was un willing to answer. I asked him if they preformed a real world drop test....he said no. At this point I'm sure the testing doesn't reflect real world conditions at all. I tried to tell him that potting, not only protects the electronics from shock...it also transfers heat away from the electronics, which equals longer life of the said electronics. I also told him that fifty to seventy cents worth of thermal epoxy, isn't gonna break them as a company....but it would make their Protak more durable, longer lasting, and help build a great reputation for the product, which would equals more sales...(at this point, I think I was pissing him off, yet I went on)  I then told him, when it comes down to it, I would rather coin up for a product that I know without a doubt, is gonna last...then pay less for a product marketed as a weapon light, that isn't even potted. He went on to saying potting was not needed with this design. At this point, I gave up, I didn't feel like arguing my point, to somebody that was un willing to hear common sense. There you have it. I think my experience talking with him, has changed my view of Streamlight as a company....I don't think I will be purchasing any of their products in the future.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, I talked to the Streamlight engineer, that is in charge of the Protak rail mount weapon lights. I told him that I belonged to a weapon forum, and we needed some important info on their product. And long story short....they are NOT fully potted. He gave me the speel, that with the design, fully potted electronics are not needed, and they did a thousand round test, I asked him what caliber, he didn't know, or was un willing to answer. I asked him if they preformed a real world drop test....he said no. At this point I'm sure the testing doesn't reflect real world conditions at all. I tried to tell him that potting, not only protects the electronics from shock...it also transfers heat away from the electronics, which equals longer life of the said electronics. I also told him that fifty to seventy cents worth of thermal epoxy, isn't gonna break them as a company....but it would make their Protak more durable, longer lasting, and help build a great reputation for the product, which would equals more sales...(at this point, I think I was pissing him off, yet I went on)  I then told him, when it comes down to it, I would rather coin up for a product that I know without a doubt, is gonna last...then pay less for a product marketed as a weapon light, that isn't even potted. He went on to saying potting was not needed with this design. At this point, I gave up, I didn't feel like arguing my point, to somebody that was un willing to hear common sense. There you have it. I think my experience talking with him, has changed my view of Streamlight as a company....I don't think I will be purchasing any of their products in the future.
View Quote

FWIW, Surefires aren't fully potted either.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Really? I didn't know that. If they aren't, how are they durable, and resistant to everything? I'll bet they at least cover the fragile part of the circuit board with some sort of glue, or something. I have one Surefire 80 lumen module, from a G2, I've just never taken it apart to check....I just figure they were.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Batt junction sent me an email, mine shipped today.

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks. Now I'll order.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks. Now I'll order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Now I'll order.

Now they just pushed the Estimated date back to May... I am assuming they will get them out earlier though...

I am thinking about putting an order in too...
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#11]
If you want fully potted, you can't go wrong with Elzetta

http://www.elzetta.com/blog/potted-electronics/

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you want fully potted, you can't go wrong with Elzetta

http://www.elzetta.com/blog/potted-electronics/

View Quote

Yep, I was on the fence between the new rail mounts and the Elzetta Alpha or mini CQB. Decided to pony up a little more $$$ and get the Alpha. You can't go wrong with the Elzettas. I still edc a protac 2l and it has been a great light. As stated by others, Frank Proctor uses a protac 1l and he runs his stuff pretty hard so if I was looking to go totally budget friendly I would go with Streamlight. I paid $183 for my Alpha and ZRX mount, so for around $80 more I got bomb proof fully potted electronics made in the USA quality. I'm no different than anyone else though, I would like to get all those features for just $50 - $80 but haven't found it yet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Clyde Armory posted this picture of one on Instagram yesterday https://www.instagram.com/p/BEKAnIoRi0k/.

My buddy works there so I'm trying to get the scoop from him about their availability and whether they are, in fact, compatible with Surefire mounts.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Clyde Armory posted this picture of one on Instagram yesterday https://www.instagram.com/p/BEKAnIoRi0k/.

My buddy works there so I'm trying to get the scoop from him about their availability and whether they are, in fact, compatible with Surefire mounts.
View Quote

I spoke with Impact Weapons when I was light/mount hunting and they said the rail mounts lights will mount up on their mounts which also take Surfire scouts. They also said they would be running a combo deal with their mount and the rail mount light when they hit the market.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Now they just pushed the Estimated date back to May... I am assuming they will get them out earlier though...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Now I'll order.

Friggin' DHL/USPS shipping...BJ has never gone with DHL, it's always been USPS.

It has arrived at the USPS 1.9 miles away from my house and they are stating delivery will be on the 20th.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Primary Arms e-mailed me and said they had them in stock, so I went ahead and ordered a Railmount 1.  They are $10 higher than other places ($109) but shipping was only $4.50 and I figured if they actually had it in stock, I'd pay the few $$ more.  

EDIT - PA comes through again with fast shipping. Ordered a few hours ago and already got my "shipped" e-mail.  Should be in by Monday or Tuesday.  I'll report back once I get to play with it a little bit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#17]
DHL/ USPS said the 20th...It's here when I got home:

Gonna get some food and a beer or two in me and will tear into it and check it out..will mount it, and more/ better pics.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u68/AR15_Shooter/Guns/20160415_172644_zpsitlh7hf7.jpg

Gonna get some food and a beer or two in me and will tear into it and check it out..will mount it, and more/ better pics.
View Quote
Nice.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u68/AR15_Shooter/Guns/20160415_172644_zpsitlh7hf7.jpg

View Quote

Nice. Looking forward to your impressions.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#20]
DSG has them on sale for under $95.76 right now. I'm very tempted to Fo at that price.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Everything out of the box.

Bright, functions crisp and deliberate. No visible flaws in finish or machining. It is NOT as low profile and I would like. I have a 45 deg offset somewhere, going to find it and give that a whirl. Unity Tactical has a mount that it will fit, IIRC from cruising IG.

ETA:

Unity Tactical Link: HERE

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Nice!  I have a Arisaka Offset Scout Keymod Mount in bound too for my light.

Hmmm... I wonder how much it would cost to get the light Cerakoted?  
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#23]
looks like it will fit the magpul cantilver mount

can you measure the machine holes center to center?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
looks like it will fit the magpul cantilver mount

http://cdn1.evike.com/images/large/mag498-rt-bk-2.jpg

can you measure the machine holes center to center?
View Quote

Yeah, I just got back from Run as One today with Team RWB, The Mission Continues and of course Team Rubicon...I need to do a thing or two and I will measure and post a pic..I asked This HERE

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Seriously considering ordering the Pro Tac Rail Mount 1 for my SBR, and the Rail Mount 2 for my AK.

I'd like to see a review or two before I drop the coin tho.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Seriously considering ordering the Pro Tac Rail Mount 1 for my SBR, and the Rail Mount 2 for my AK.

I'd like to see a review or two before I drop the coin tho.
View Quote

I;m in the same boat.  I ordered the RM1 for my AR Pistol.  After I put it through it's paces, and if I like it, I will order a RM2 for my Mid-length rifle. I almost ordered 1 of each, but I want to try 1 out 1st before I commit to more of them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Any updates from those who already have the Streamlight rail mount Pro Tac?

Waiting to pull the trigger till I hear a little more about them. They seem perfect for the price is they're the same quality as the TLR-1.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Received my Rail Mount 1 today.  Took it out, played with it a bit and threw it on my AR Pistol.  

Here are some pics... My photography skills sucks, so I tried to edit the pics a little so you could see the light better.  

Also, this isn't how I am going to have it mounted.  Tomorrow my Arisaka 45 degree mount should be here so once I get it mounted up, I'll take a few more pics and try to get some beam shots at night.

Construction seems very good.  Tape switch works well (both momentary and constant on). It does stick out a little bit with the Keymod Rail. The light is about what you would expect for a 300+ lumen light.  I think it will be fine for my AR Pistol.  For a longer rifle I would go with the Rail Mount 2 at 600+ lumens.  But due to rail space, hand placement and not wanting the light forward of the muzzle, I went with the RM1 for this gun.

EDIT - I know the tape switch isn't mounted right. I only threw it on my rail real quick with 1 clip to take some pics since this isn't how I'm planning on having it set up.  Once I get my new mount in the mail, I am going to rework the whole thing.  So that's why it is looking like a seesaw...
It does come with 2 of those rubber rail mounts (I just half-assed used 1 for the pics).  It also comes with double sided tape as well as some zip ties.  I also didn't worry about securing/managing the cable for the pics.

And Yes, I know I still need BUIS for my Pistol

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Received my Rail Mount 1 today.  Took it out, played with it a bit and threw it on my AR Pistol.  

Here are some pics... My photography skills sucks, so I tried to edit the pics a little so you could see the light better.  

Also, this isn't how I am going to have it mounted.  Tomorrow my Arisaka 45 degree mount should be here so once I get it mounted up, I'll take a few more pics and try to get some beam shots at night.

Construction seems very good.  Tape switch works well (both momentary and constant on). It does stick out a little bit with the Keymod Rail. The light is about what you would expect for a 300+ lumen light.  I think it will be fine for my AR Pistol.  For a longer rifle I would go with the Rail Mount 2 at 600+ lumens.  But due to rail space, hand placement and not wanting the light forward of the muzzle, I went with the RM1 for this gun.

And Yes, I know I still need BUIS for my Pistol

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/azwizzard/Rail%20Mount%201/RM%201_zpsr2fl2fno.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/azwizzard/Rail%20Mount%201/RM%202_zpsoj1oruzl.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/azwizzard/Rail%20Mount%201/RM%203_zpscbdsnuad.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/azwizzard/Rail%20Mount%201/RM%204_zpsgsyhebdy.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/azwizzard/Rail%20Mount%201/RM%207_zpsbv7sfqyo.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/azwizzard/Rail%20Mount%201/RM%206_zps2qxcdqbv.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/azwizzard/Rail%20Mount%201/RM%208_zpsgbaozfsf.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/azwizzard/Rail%20Mount%201/RM%209_zpsg7tztaon.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/azwizzard/Rail%20Mount%201/RM%205_zpsipgvqpyh.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/azwizzard/Rail%20Mount%201/RM%2010_zpsq4gcyogs.jpg
View Quote

Please share some pics when you get the Arisaka mount in.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#30]
OK, tried to get some beam shots.  I am limited where I can do it.  This is my backyard with as little ambient light as possible. Distance it about 16-17 yards (48 - 51 feet) to the brick wall.

1st is the Rail Mount 1 with 1 CR123 battery (350 lumens)
2nd is the WMLx (500 lumens)
3rd is the SF Fury P2x (500 lumens)
4th is the Rail Mount 1 with the 1 AA battery (150 lumens)

RM1 CR123

WMLx

P2X

RM1 AA
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#31]
I have been following this thread, but I generally am a deep lurker here and almost never post (I think this is #2).  Anyhow, I wanted to report this datapoint...

I received my Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount 1 in the mail today.  It looks nice and is about what I expected but, it only worked correctly for a few minutes.  Multi-tap started acting weird.  Strobe was not a true strobe, but was randomly switching between high and low at irregular intervals (such as sometimes staying on high few seconds at a time).  Ten tap programming would not work consistently (only a few times) and eventually it failed and stayed in low mode and stopped responding to any taps.  Same problem with both switches and with different batteries.  I did get it to work somewhat again twice after that if I let it sit a few minutes, but it would again act weird.  I can imagine it might have passed initial QC as it doesn't fail immediately, but it is really DOA.

I can see others using this as an opportunity to jump down Streamlights throat, but anyone can have a defective item, so for now I don't hold this against Streamlight.  I already have an RMA to exchange it for another identical unit.  I am mostly just posting this on the off chance there is a trend and maybe QC issues with the first batch?  I actually couldn't find much in the way of examples online of people having this type of problem with a Streamlight.  If the replacement is defective I will reply.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have been following this thread, but I generally am a deep lurker here and almost never post (I think this is #2).  Anyhow, I wanted to report this datapoint...

I received my Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount 1 in the mail today.  It looks nice and is about what I expected but, it only worked correctly for a few minutes.  Multi-tap started acting weird.  Strobe was not a true strobe, but was randomly switching between high and low at irregular intervals (such as sometimes staying on high few seconds at a time).  Ten tap programming would not work consistently (only a few times) and eventually it failed and stayed in low mode and stopped responding to any taps.  Same problem with both switches and with different batteries.  I did get it to work somewhat again twice after that if I let it sit a few minutes, but it would again act weird.  I can imagine it might have passed initial QC as it doesn't fail immediately, but it is really DOA.

I can see others using this as an opportunity to jump down Streamlights throat, but anyone can have a defective item, so for now I don't hold this against Streamlight.  I already have an RMA to exchange it for another identical unit.  I am mostly just posting this on the off chance there is a trend and maybe QC issues with the first batch?  I actually couldn't find much in the way of examples online of people having this type of problem with a Streamlight.  If the replacement is defective I will reply.
View Quote

Interesting.  So far, so good with mine.  I did play with the strobe for a little while and it worked fine but I changed mine to High Only.  I'll report back if I run into any issues.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Excellent post!  Thank you.

I'll be standing by as I had originally planned on 2 more TLR-1 HL's.....but was going to switch to these....now, maybe not.

FWIW, I've had several ProTac lights and the newer ones are better than the older ones.

Maybe a period or batch of bad LED's.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok, so my Arisaka Offset Mount came in today.  Very nice mount!  I really like the RM1 light a lot better on this mount.  A lot more compact / closer to the rifle.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Thank you for the pictures.  Exactly what I was wanting to see.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I love that mount but it shouldn't cost more than $15. Seriously, it's crazy what some charge when there is very little Maching compared to other complex mounts/accessories.

Is there a cheaper version of that?
View All Quotes

Our Offset Scout Mount requires more machine time than almost everything else we make, except for our light bodies. It starts as a solid piece of billet that encompasses the whole part, and then all of the material must be removed. Additionally, due to the 45 degree angle, there are multiple operations that require changing the configuration of the CNC mill. It's basically a four operation part, since the front and back have to be milled for the KeyMod interface, and then the front and back at 45 degrees have to be milled for the Scout light and overlapping holes.

Just because the final part is slim and looks simple doesn't mean it's easy to make. :)

We happen to own our own mills and do everything in-house. If the part was sourced out it would cost even more.

(In case it's not clear, I'm Will, one of the owners of Arisaka)
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Our Offset Scout Mount requires more machine time than almost everything else we make, except for our light bodies. It starts as a solid piece of billet that encompasses the whole part, and then all of the material must be removed. Additionally, due to the 45 degree angle, there are multiple operations that require changing the configuration of the CNC mill. It's basically a four operation part, since the front and back have to be milled for the KeyMod interface, and then the front and back at 45 degrees have to be milled for the Scout light and overlapping holes.

Just because the final part is slim and looks simple doesn't mean it's easy to make. :)

We happen to own our own mills and do everything in-house. If the part was sourced out it would cost even more.

View Quote

Will, thanks for the explanation.

I guess looks can be deceiving.

Well when I can pony up the money, this is the light I go with the and Arisaka will probably also be the mount.  I'd rather support USA made products than something else.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well when I can pony up the money, this is the light I go with the and Arisaka will probably also be the mount.  I'd rather support USA made products than something else.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can tell you that this was my 1st Arisaka Product, but won't be my last.  + They offered free shipping
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:43:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Arisaka stuff is tight and well worth the money for what it is and who it's from imo.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#41]
" />
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#42]
" />

Great light for the price point, and yes that is a surefire filter cover on it, it fits just a hair lose but it won't fall off.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#43]
just got my shipping notification
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Has anyone that ordered from LAPG heard anything yet?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#45]
I just received my Protac Rail Mount 2 from Brownells, $120 shipped.
Please keep in mind i have not had the opportunity to fire test this yet.

The package came with:
 Light with the standard button tail cap attached
 Tape switch tail cap
 2 Duracell CR123 batteries (Why dont they use Streamlight brand?)  
 2 pcs rubber rail cover mounts for the tape switch
 Two sided 3M tape in the shape of the tape switch
 2 short zipties
 2 long zipties

So far im still impressed with Streamlights products. (I also EDC a protac 2L)
Ive read a few comments on how the Ten-Tap doesnt work properly.
I have not experienced this, however i have not put fired the gun with the light on yet.
I personally love the Ten-Tap concept, i have my RM2 set on Low-High.
This is because just playing around with it, the +600 lumens was blinding me behind the gun.
The only complaint i do have so far, is the button inside of the tape switch makes a loud clack when pressed.
The rail mount Streamlight provides seems to be pretty solid with a beefy thumb scew.
It can also be removed to be attached to a Scout Light rail mount. (may look into one soon)
The tape switch has two buttons, one that is taller but smaller diameter for a constant on.
As well as a wider and longer pad for a momentary on.
It also has holes made into it for what i assume you can use to put screws through.

I do have a question for other Protac RM owners.
On the tape switch tail cap, where the wire goes into to the tail cap there is a channel cut,
I am assuming this is to relieve stress on the wire, but can this be rotated?
It seems to be fixed and i would like to rotate this around if possible.

Hope this helps, i would post pictures but my budget wont let me become a member.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes, i received an email with shipping notification this afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. I was a little upset when I saw people with them already in hand while LAPG was still saying backordered. Hopefully be getting it tomorrow or Monday!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Same here. I was a little upset when I saw people with them already in hand while LAPG was still saying backordered. Hopefully be getting it tomorrow or Monday!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I pre-ordered from lapg. It arrived last saturday, the 23rd.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Can anyone who has both the RM2 and the TLR1 HL tell me if the RM2 actually illuminates farther than the HL?  I know the HL has more lumens, but Streamlight's website advertises the RM2 with a 300 meter beam and the HL with a 245 meter beam.  I'd like to know because I want the longer throw rather than the wide beam, and I'd like some real world experience from someone who has both.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Can anyone who has both the RM2 and the TLR1 HL tell me if the RM2 actually illuminates farther than the HL?  I know the HL has more lumens, but Streamlight's website advertises the RM2 with a 300 meter beam and the HL with a 245 meter beam.  I'd like to know because I want the longer throw rather than the wide beam, and I'd like some real world experience from someone who has both.
View Quote

I have both. The RM2 has a slightly more focused beam, resulting in more throw.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top