Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 8:16:13 AM EDT
I'm looking for a mount for the surefire mini scout light. I want to attatch it to the front of a kmr guard. I'm between the arisaka key mod mounts. What is the benefit from there straight line mount from the off set mount? I would of already purchased the straight line mount but  the mount sticks out where the clicky switch is located and am not sure if this is a good thing or not. Might be a place to rest your thumb when activating or a spot to get your thumb hung up. I like how stream lined these mounts are.

Inline link pics

http://arisakadefense.com/collections/light-mounts/products/inline-scout-mount-keymod

Offset link pics

http://arisakadefense.com/collections/light-mounts/products/offset-scout-mount-keymod
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You have a KMR pick whichever you like, the offset is used if you have 4 sides of keymod to bring the light close in to the rail. Since your KMR has 7 sides you can also go with the straight line mount on the upper portion of the keymod for the same thing the offset does. So it really depends on where you want to mount it on the rail .
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Here are two of the Arisaka inline mounts for MLOK. See how they fit the rail space between the 9 and 12 o'clock positions.

If your handguard doesn't have those slots, it will mount at the 9 (or 3) to try and mimic that same mounting spot.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Hellbound, like the setups and  thank you for the pictures of the mounts. Have you found the extra bit of the mount that sticks pass the clicky switch to be a problem in anway? Does it make it easier to find the click or does it make it harder to get your thumb in there.

]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Not at all. I don't even notice it. It sits back away from the switch. My grip is setup such that just extending my thumb puts it in the right place.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top