Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2015 11:23:03 AM EDT
I'm looking for a rail mounted red laser sight that runs off CR123 batteries (I have other stuff that runs CR123s so I always have plenty on hand).

So far the closest I've found is the Streamlight TLR-4(laser plus light), although I don't really need an LED flashlight it's a bonus, and in laser only mode it's got an 11 hour run time. Seems to get good reviews and it's in my price range. It'll mount just under & forward of my handguard so not looking for a remote pressure switch setup.

Anyone know of a better option?

Only other CR123 laser I've found is the one that looks like a flashlight with the large knobs for hand adjustment, I had the Barska version of this on a rifle and didn't care for it, just too heavy & bulky and the pressure switch went out after a few months of use. Didn't come with a cap switch option so I wound up shorting the switch leads together and would just screw the cap on to activate the laser & remove the batteries when done, only good for range use and although the laser itself held zero the mount was junk. Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Steiner OTAL
View Quote

so does the CQBL-1

but either of these options is going to cost you $300-$500 more than the Streamlight options.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:17:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

so does the CQBL-1

but either of these options is going to cost you $300-$500 more than the Streamlight options.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steiner OTAL

so does the CQBL-1

If you look hard, you can find vis only OTAL for $500 on EE or similar site.  When I was looking for an IR laser, vis only OTALs were everywhere it seemed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you look hard, you can find vis only OTAL for $500 on EE or similar site.  When I was looking for an IR laser, vis only OTALs were everywhere it seemed.
View Quote

I can get viz only much cheaper than that.. IMO, if you're going to spend more than a couple hundred on a laser, it had better have IR..
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I can get viz only much cheaper than that.. IMO, if you're going to spend more than a couple hundred on a laser, it had better have IR..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, there ya go!
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#6]
TLR-4 actually takes a CR2 not a CR123 per Streamlight's and many other's websites. My bad, Amazon's site tries to bundle the TLR-4 with a 12-pack of CR123 batteries so I'd assumed that it ran off 123s.

The only lasers I came across that run off CR123s were cheap knockoffs, so I went with the TLR-4 for $110 shipped.  

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#7]
The OTAL-C does not take CR123, it takes AA.  The OTAL-A takes CR123.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top