Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2015 9:19:57 AM EDT
After totally upgrading my NIB Surfire M951 that I have had sitting for a year ( new Malkoff extremely bright LED head, new Surefire SRxx Dual Remote Switch and new O-rings throughout) I realized that where it's mounted (see pics below) that it's not far enough out off the end of the fore end. I have looked quite a bit at mounts for this light and the best candidate I can find is the HSP MIL620 Horntail. I like where it puts the light at 45º but it really doesn't reach the light out any further forward than the dual screw factory mount does. Maybe just a slight bit further, but nothing to write home about. I was looking for something more like a cantilever mount that really reaches it out there. Since these units came with a built in mount, I realize that they are harder to work with but has anyone seen something like that that they can point me to? Here is my current setup:

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
This might let you get it out far enough.
I don't think they make anything else that fits the M951/M620 footprint, though.
FWIW, I like to swap the bezels from the M951 with the smaller ones from Surefire handhelds. Cuts a fairly noticeable amount of mass off of the light.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW, I like to swap the bezels from the M951 with the smaller ones from Surefire handhelds. Cuts a fairly noticeable amount of mass off of the light.
View Quote

Thanks for the input, I'll check it out. I too have tried some other heads. I love the new Surefire heads that have the ir/white light slide switch on them. they are amazing but very expensive. they also have the direct replacement head for 80 bucks or so in LED.

UPDATE: I looked at it, I have a Daniel defense forend and that is really made for a round hand guard .I may just buy the Thorntail mil620 That Travis Haley is building and call it good.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top