Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2015 11:29:51 PM EDT
I have a department issue atpial peq15 and I need some advice on keeping it from coming off. I've seen guys use zip ties.

Is there a better way? Will be 12 o clock rail.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
550 (para) cord works well, too.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had an issue with the mount loosening and I've been very hard on my rifle. You could possibly add a very small amount of red loctite on the mounting screw and use the Velcro straps that come with the kit for added security.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#3]
The army made us dummy cord our lasers and lyrics with 550. I wouldn't loctite anything. Wire wrapping is also another option.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:29:49 AM EDT
[#4]
550 cord it to the rail (referred to as dummy cording)
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
zip tie through the eyelet on the atpial, through the rails and back around. worked for many of us when I was in the corps. used 550 cord when i didn't have zips, it works just as well, but personally i i liked using the zips more.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
550 cord through the loop on the back, to the rail. But not around the top rail and the gas tube. Too many rounds and you'll more than likely melt it off.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top