Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2015 12:55:03 AM EDT
Hi. Just got a MAKO-FAB MIKI 1 foregrip as a birthday gift. It uses 1 inch flashlights (1" tube diameter).
As I am not an expert on the subject I would like to ask what flashlights I could use that will fit in it,
I am particularly inclined to flashlights using "AA" or "AAA" batteries.
Thank you all!  Cala
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 2:08:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Fenix.  Sold on Amazon.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know of anyone that is still making a AA or AAA powered light that has a 1 inch diameter body, plenty have 1" heads but much slimmer bodies in order to save weight.

If you are dead set on those batteries you might be able to put something together using a 3xCR123 body with a battery sleeve and a low voltage drop in. If money wasn't an issue I would go with an Elzetta Charlie host, Oveready delrin sleeves and a Malkoff M31, it would cost about $185 plus shipping/handling and tax but I can't think of anything better.
If you want to build something a bit cheaper you could look for a used Surefire 9P as a host, or a 6P (or quality clone like a Solarforce L2) with a 16340 extension. You could also fashion your own battery sleeves to save some more money, but I would stick with the Malkoff M31. Even if the gun is just a range toy, the value per dollar of a Malkoff drop in is hard to beat in my opinion, the quality, durability and warranty are better than nearly any other drop in around.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
ElZetta are the finest lights and all I use now except for a used 951. They are 1"  they also have quality mounts, my favorite is the 1500. It places the light so the slightest movement of my hand moves the sling swivel to activate the light.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Wildearp, Matchbook, NChornet: Thank you all.
Opening the MIKI Mako Fab box I discovered that it had the 1 1/8" opening.
Looking around I found the Streamlight Stinger 7500 with NiCD batteries could fit perfectly.
Was disappointed as I was not able to find a comparable torch using AA or AAA batteries.
At least not with Maglite, the brand I am most familiar with.
Thank you all of you.. thanks for your postings. Cala.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know of anyone that is still making a AA or AAA powered light that has a 1 inch diameter body, plenty have 1" heads but much slimmer bodies in order to save weight.

If you are dead set on those batteries you might be able to put something together using a 3xCR123 body with a battery sleeve and a low voltage drop in. If money wasn't an issue I would go with an Elzetta Charlie host, Oveready delrin sleeves and a Malkoff M31, it would cost about $185 plus shipping/handling and tax but I can't think of anything better.
If you want to build something a bit cheaper you could look for a used Surefire 9P as a host, or a 6P (or quality clone like a Solarforce L2) with a 16340 extension. You could also fashion your own battery sleeves to save some more money, but I would stick with the Malkoff M31. Even if the gun is just a range toy, the value per dollar of a Malkoff drop in is hard to beat in my opinion, the quality, durability and warranty are better than nearly any other drop in around.
View Quote

For cheaper route you could go with Solarforce with forward clickie and single stage drop-in.
Upgrade switch to McClickie later.  L2m host and extension would work for you.

You can also get Nimh version for stinger if you look around.  Twice the mah capacity.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top