Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2015 11:36:44 PM EDT
Title says it all, I had it completely assembled with no batteries in it and once it was done curing I put the batteries in it and it worked just fine. I woke up this morning and now it doesn't work at all. Changed batteries, no fix. Can take the tail cap off and throw it on another light and it works fine. I take the head off and throw it on another light and it doesn't work. I take the head off of another light and throw it on the body and it doesn't work.

I have no idea what's going on. None of the contact areas seem to be painted. I'm going to call SureFire in the morning but in the mean time I come here to see if anyone else has had this problem and if so how they fixed it.

Much obliged.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:28:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Air cure or heat?

ETA-  I just had something similar happen to me.  I pulled a battery out of my Aimpoint M2, and when I put it back in, the Aimpoint no longer worked.  I replaced the battery, and it still doesn't work.  I've tried three different new batteries, and none work, but they do work in other devices.  

It worked, now it doesn't work, and there doesn't seem to be any reason at all.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Title says it all, I had it completely assembled with no batteries in it and once it was done curing I put the batteries in it and it worked just fine. I woke up this morning and now it doesn't work at all. Changed batteries, no fix. Can take the tail cap off and throw it on another light and it works fine. I take the head off and throw it on another light and it doesn't work. I take the head off of another light and throw it on the body and it doesn't work.

I have no idea what's going on. None of the contact areas seem to be painted. I'm going to call SureFire in the morning but in the mean time I come here to see if anyone else has had this problem and if so how they fixed it.

Much obliged.

Air cure or heat?

ETA-  I just had something similar happen to me.  I pulled a battery out of my Aimpoint M2, and when I put it back in, the Aimpoint no longer worked.  I replaced the battery, and it still doesn't work.  I've tried three different new batteries, and none work, but they do work in other devices.  

It worked, now it doesn't work, and there doesn't seem to be any reason at all.  

Heat cure. And I even used a lower temp for a longer time to be safe.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:44:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:55:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How low....?

I used to do 200 degrees when I did thermal cure, and was safe, but I was always rather paranoid.
View Quote

I did 180 for 2.5 hours.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Bulb didn't just happen to go out?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#6]
My first thought was that perhaps the head was damaged by the heat, possibly brittle solder joint fractures -but that doesn't explain why a known working head would not work on the light. The only ideas I can come up with are to make sure the contacts are clean by hitting them with some very fine sandpaper and wiping them down with alcohol and to try bypassing the tailcap with something like a paperclip, hopefully that will help narrow down the cause.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bulb didn't just happen to go out?
View Quote

It was a brand new light but it could happen.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My first thought was that perhaps the head was damaged by the heat, possibly brittle solder joint fractures -but that doesn't explain why a known working head would not work on the light. The only ideas I can come up with are to make sure the contacts are clean by hitting them with some very fine sandpaper and wiping them down with alcohol and to try bypassing the tailcap with something like a paperclip, hopefully that will help narrow down the cause.
View Quote

All the threads are clean but I'll hit it up with alcohol and try that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:57:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Pics of contact points? Built up to much paint that's inhibiting the head to fully contact the body?
Rechargeable or throw away batteries?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pics of contact points? Built up to much paint that's inhibiting the head to fully contact the body?
Rechargeable or throw away batteries?
View Quote

Light is already at SF for them to check it. Paint went on just fine but who knows. Brand new SF batteries were used along with brand new Kodak to verify.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I didn't take any pics before I sent the light back to SF. The light was completely assembled when painted with o rings intact, nothing got on the inside.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top