Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2015 9:00:42 PM EDT
I just got a HL in the mail, the package doesn't say that it is the C4 version, and it was supposed to be when I ordered it. Any way to tell?

Also, the beam has a lot of artifacts in it, specially close up, its square on my wall. What's the thought on that?

I'm new to the Streamlight products.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I will look for one of my HLs to compare but I have never seen artifacts or a square out put.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#2]
None of mine are square, no artifacts or problems in the beam.

Package should have looked like this.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I've just installed a TLR-1 HL Long Gun Kit on my son's AR, light is bright w/no artifacts and the light can be locked out to prevent accidental activation:

This setup works surprisingly well.
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just got a HL in the mail, the package doesn't say that it is the C4 version, and it was supposed to be when I ordered it. Any way to tell?

Also, the beam has a lot of artifacts in it, specially close up, its square on my wall. What's the thought on that?

I'm new to the Streamlight products.

Thanks
View Quote

hl's don't have a c4 version

tlr1 comes in a pre4 and a c4 version the hl comes only in hl the link shows all hl's are c4LEDs.

http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=276

also if yours came from the factory with that battery remote switch it is one of the newer ones those witches have not been out more than 4 months.

in fact a review of how well it works would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
tlr1 comes in a pre4 and a c4 version the hl comes only in hl the link shows all hl's are c4LEDs.
also if yours came from the factory with that battery remote switch it is one of the newer ones those witches have not been out more than 4 months.
View Quote

Are you referring to the HL Long Gun Kit I have pictured above?
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The bean has a diamond/square shale up close as to throw light into the corners due to the angle.  Should have a circle flood with a diamond at close distances like on a wall.  

You can unscrew the bezel and reset the reflector to see if it helps.  Had to do that to one as the pattern was a bit off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Tomac
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

yes I think I need one of those lock out remote tape covers how well does it work?
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

yes I think I need one of those lock out remote tape covers how well does it work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tomac

The lock out remote backplate works very well, absolutely no chance of accidental activation when turned off (of course, you have to remember to turn it on before use). I recently installed an HL Long Gun Kit on one of my AR's (but w/Magpul's cantilever rail, their Scout Mount rail sits high enough that the light is visible in the lower right corner of my optic and I don't like that).
I had 3 options for attaching the pressure switch; rail retainers (as shown on my son's AR posted above), 3M industrial-strength double-sided tape and screw. Tried the rail retainers and they worked well but made the switch sit higher than I wanted so eventually went to the 3M tape.
Tomac

HL on Magpul cantilever rail:

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#9]
does the paddle still have a momentary on position? or must you use the tape mechanism?

thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
does the paddle still have a momentary on position? or must you use the tape mechanism?
thanks.
View Quote

The remote backplate switch has 3 positions: Off (lockout), Mom (momentary-on w/tape switch) and On (constant-on regardless of tape switch).
However, the HL Long Gun Kit includes the standard momentary/constant-on non-remote paddle backplate if you don't want to use the remote backplate (which turns it into a std TLR-1 HL w/a knurled mounting knob).
HTH...
Tomac
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top