Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2015 10:37:28 PM EDT
My OTAL laser came in today and I'm not sure where to mount the pressure switch so that I can activate it easily while using the forward vertical grip

Here are pics of the setup so far.  I'm thinking on the left side of the rail just slightly forward of the FVG.  It is still awkward activating it, but it is doable.

CAM00463 by Adam C, on Flickr" />

CAM00465 by Adam C, on Flickr" />

CAM00466 by Adam C, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't use a tape switch for the 952V I'd just mount the OTAL tape switch on the right side of the VFG. Next best place would be on the left side of the rail like you said (breaking thumb off vfg to activate)
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It's all preference. How do you you grip your rifle and VFG? If you do the traditional fingers and thumb wrapped around the VFG, use some rubber inner tube to secure it to the right side of the VFG. If your thumb goes alongside the left side of your rail, secure it to the left side of the rail with zipties.

Make your gear work for you, not work around your gear.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's all preference. How do you you grip your rifle and VFG? If you do the traditional fingers and thumb wrapped around the VFG, use some rubber inner tube to secure it to the right side of the VFG. If your thumb goes alongside the left side of your rail, secure it to the left side of the rail with zipties.

Make your gear work for you, not work around your gear.
View Quote

Ultimately, this is the best advice.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top