Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2015 3:35:10 PM EDT
I like to have a  dedicated weaponlight for every rifle or pistol. Generally for ARs I use Surefire Furys or Scouts with Gear Sector mounts or IWC Haley Strategic mounts.

I like the light to be at the ten or 11 o'clock position, mounted to the 12 o'clock rail, tucked into the handguard as close as possible. Both the above mounts do a great job of that.

I just got a Bushmaster ACR and am trying to get a light into the right position. For this rifle I have an Inforce WML inbound. The ACR I have has the longer MOE type handguard. I would like the light as far forward as possible. At the end of the handguard would be ideal.

The only thing that comes to mind is a 45 degree mount. Unfortunately I can't find an offset mount made like that. And if I use the regular ones and mount behind the front sight where it would have to go, my light will be really far rearward. Not only making it hard to access the switch, but putting it really close to the charging handle.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]

This would be perfect if the offset rail on the mount set out farther away from from the rail it's mounted on. Almostpositive this wwouldn't clear the front sight.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Have yuou looked at the MOE scout mount?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Actually I did. Here is a picture of it. Works fairly well. Wish the mount wasn't so bulky.

I found a picture of an IWC mount that I think would work. But I can't find it and haven't gotten a response from them yet if they are even making it. I will post it in a second.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]

I think this would be ideal. If they actually make such a thing.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top