Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 4:46:45 PM EDT
A guy local to me is supposedly selling a Surefire M600 Scout Light/Larue LT171 Mount and KAC foregrip however they look fake to me, what do you guys think?
He said he painted the light and larue mount black

" />
" />
" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]
That is definitely not a Surefire Scout, kind of looks like one of the old Pentagonlight units.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is definitely not a Surefire Scout, kind of looks like one of the old Pentagonlight units.
View Quote

Agreed.  Not a SF Scout.  The mount, switch and VFG all look to be legit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Are the Pentagonlights still decent?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure they were decent enough in their day, but if this is from the same listing I found on armslist I would probably just put the $80 towards something like a new Surefire G2X and mount.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm sure they were decent enough in their day, but if this is from the same listing I found on armslist I would probably just put the $80 towards something like a new Surefire G2X and mount.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably the same listing, ironically enough I already have a Surefire G2X on a VTAC mount on one of my uppers. Would like to try something different on my Hk 416 upper though
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Probably the same listing, ironically enough I already have a Surefire G2X on a VTAC mount on one of my uppers. Would like to try something different on my Hk 416 upper though
View Quote

For the price point it's a hard out of the box combination to beat. If it's the style you are interested in you could probably pick up a used Surefire M951 and later upgrade it with a Malkoff drop in.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:36:34 AM EDT
[#7]
That is a pentagon MX-2 light. They are decent performers with the stock lamp and have a fully shock isolated bezel. I run one on my rifle with a surefire p60l led module (from a G2L). The surefire p60 size lamps will drop in without mods but are just a hair smaller in diameter. This can be fixed with some foil tape if it really bothers you. They are very good quality lights, I've never had a problem with mine.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top