Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2015 2:44:14 PM EDT
Looking at "upgrading" to surefires. How is the distance?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't waste the extra cash on surefire. Streamlight is awesome for the price.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The Surefire X300U is rated at 16.5k candela, which works out to a calculated beam distance of 257 meters per the ANSI FL1 standard. The Streamlight TLR-1 and TLR-1HL are both rated at 12k candela for a beam distance of 219 meters. If you are truly interested in long distance illumination then check out the TLR-1 HPL, it's rated at 48k candela for a calculated distance of 438 meters.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't waste the extra cash on surefire. Streamlight is awesome for the price.
View Quote

After dealing with streamlights CS I'd like to stay away from them. I used to be a streamlight man, but I just tried to BUY a replacement bulb for a light they used to make. (NOT ASKING FOR HANDOUTS OR WARRENTY WORK) The very first thing they tell me is that streamlights warrenty is only for 1 year and ONLY with original reciept and then go on to say they do not support (carry parts for) the discontinued light.
Meenwhile I hear people saying Surefire has fixed ancient mil-surp lights no questions asked.
You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

After dealing with streamlights CS I'd like to stay away from them. I used to be a streamlight man, but I just tried to BUY a replacement bulb for a light they used to make. (NOT ASKING FOR HANDOUTS OR WARRENTY WORK) The very first thing they tell me is that streamlights warrenty is only for 1 year and ONLY with original reciept and then go on to say they do not support (carry parts for) the discontinued light.
Meenwhile I hear people saying Surefire has fixed ancient mil-surp lights no questions asked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds about right regarding their customer service. I had 2 TLR-1s fail within a couple months and they wouldn't repair or replace them.

Buy once, cry once. Go with Surefire.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Surefire all the way. Their customer service is AWESOME!!! They will repair it and never ask if you are the original owner.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top