Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2015 6:05:07 PM EDT
Ok so I picked up a Surefire M600P for my 300blk. It's mounted on a 10.5" barreled, NSR keymod, with Noveske keymod scout mount. Now that it's on I'm wondering if it's too close to the suppressor. Anyone have any experience with lights near cans and if it may cause damage to the light?

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If you were shooting subs, you would probably not have an issue.

Supers on the other hand, in long strings could get that can upwards of 700-1000 degrees.  I would think being business card thickness away from that light could cause the residual heat to bleed over
into that light.  Could be bad, but I'm not entirely sure.  Those lights are built to take a beating.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you get quite a bit of glare off of the suppressor when using the light? That would be my only issue.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're using the suppressor for an extended range session, take the light off.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I doubt you'd have an issue unless you are dumping mags in full auto.  Only draw back will be that can cutting off a good portion of the beam leaving a nice shadow.  It would still work but it does get kind of annoying IMO.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top