Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 11:52:20 AM EDT
Hey everyone!  I have a PSA Freedom Series AR that I got a couple of months ago.  I've kept it simple, and intend to use it mostly for hunting (Hogs and Yotes).  I bought a VLR-1 Varmint Light for it.  It comes with a straight-up On/Off Switch as well as another cap that I can switch out if I want to control it with a Pressure Pad.  I've laid out the locations of where I want both (you can only use one at a time, so you'd only ever have (1) wire on the gun at a time), however the cord that goes from the back of the light to my switch location is kind of bulky (its coiled like an old-school telephone cord).  I have the light as far up on my Rail as I can get it, and the way I "snake" the wiring through/around the gun stretches is out and keeps it pretty much out of the way, but not completely.  I'm wondering if there is a way for me to hide this wiring, or just get used to it?  Anyone have any experience with how to hide it?  Thanks all!

DocsDeer1
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd need pictures to see your handguard and light setup.  Zip ties work but if run incorrectly they will melt and break.  I use "vetwrap" which is an elastic wrap similar to Mcnett Camo covering for guns.  I can wrap it around the rail and cover wires if needed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I've wrapped around the flashlight mount before.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#3]
How do I upload a photo to this site?  Sorry, this is my first day, LOL....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a very simple set up... I have a Troy Battle Quad Rail, and on it I have a Bi-Pod on the Bottom, and my Flashlight on the Left Side of the gun (Left side if you're the holding it to shoot).  other than that, I have my Scope mounted on the Rail on the Upper, as well as me fold-down Irons on the Upper Rail too... the gun has a permanent front post that is part of the Gas System from what I understand, so there is not and Fold Down Irons on the front of the Rail.  

thanks,
DocsDeer1
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top