Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2015 12:12:47 PM EDT
So where I'm at is between a WMLX and a Surefire (Fury, M300, M600) for a rifle light. I've owned Streamlight, Insight, and Surefire pistol and handheld lights, and the only ones I still own are Surefire. None of the other brands have been to the 100% reliability and quality that Surefire has in my experience. I didn't think I'd ever consider another brand but I actually like the features and ergonomics of the WMLX better than the Surefire counter parts. My concern is the reliability of the light, given my experiences with anything other than Surefire in the past. I know Haley has an endorsement on the standard WML and I also know Inforce has a lifetime warranty, but that doesn't appeal to me as it needs to work out of the box day 1.

Anyone have experiences with these and want to chime in? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a HSP WML for about a year and have never had problems with it. It and the rifle it's been on have been beat up and abused quite a bit and it still turns on when I push the button.

Mine is the momentary only version. I also have the HSP thorntail mount which works really really well.

Eta: and in a offset mount its the most comfortable light to use I've ever tried.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had a HSP WML for about a year and have never had problems with it. It and the rifle it's been on have been beat up and abused quite a bit and it still turns on when I push the button.

Mine is the momentary only version. I also have the HSP thorntail mount which works really really well.

Eta: and in a offset mount its the most comfortable light to use I've ever tried.

http://<a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/mitchellcj58/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstqdzjxtg.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

That's what the plan would be. I too prefer momentary only but the reason I'm considering the WMLX is it has a 180 degree throw lever on the side to allow you to switch from momentary only and then the other mode. The other mode you can program to just constant on so it gives you the HSP momentary only with a 180 degree throw to constant ability. Kind of a no brainer, plus the lumen increase. Thanks for the pictures, looks great!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's what the plan would be. I too prefer momentary only but the reason I'm considering the WMLX is it has a 180 degree throw lever on the side to allow you to switch from momentary only and then the other mode. The other mode you can program to just constant on so it gives you the HSP momentary only with a 180 degree throw to constant ability. Kind of a no brainer, plus the lumen increase. Thanks for the pictures, looks great!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/mitchellcj58/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstqdzjxtg.jpg</a>" />

Ya I've been looking at the WMLX too and will probably get one for a future build. Glad I could help.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one and like it alot.  Very well built and great value.  Comparing it to my Surefire 870 Forend (Both rated at 500 lumens) The WMLx has more of a White beam as apposed to surefire being a warmer slight yellow tint.  I would highly recommend it for the money!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I own several WMLx's, excellent lightweight weapons lights, IMHO. Only problem I've encountered was with a couple of sand-colored versions which developed cracks on the body where the bezel screws in. Inforce very promptly replaced them both w/FDE versions at my request. According to Inforce, a defective batch of sand-colored did make it out of the factory, I haven't experienced that problem w/any of my black or FDE's.
Tomac

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the WML with IR in sand color. The top of the body split on the first practice session.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the WML with IR in sand color. The top of the body split on the first practice session.
View Quote

Contact Dot at Inforce, I'm sure she'll take care of you.
Tomac
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Mine split as well.  Called them up and they took care of me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't put mine through much abuse yet, but so far, I love it. It is a very comfortable light to use.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Thanks, I'll call them today.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Was yours Sand as well? My opinion is out of box CS is irrelevant as it shouldn't fail to begin with.

I pulled the trigger on a FDE WMLX over the holiday. Initial impression so far is I really like the design of the light. First thing I did was disable the dumb strobe feature. Nice that it's momentary only OR constant only via 180 degree throw level (as opposed to the two stage Surefire Scout tailcap). For once an innovative design that Surefire doesn't offer. Was happy to see it works best at 12 o'clock. Only thing is I wish it were aluminum and said Surefire on the side Also they should just do away with the strobe feature as more people would take them seriously. Time will tell...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Was yours Sand as well? My opinion is out of box CS is irrelevant as it shouldn't fail to begin with.

I pulled the trigger on a FDE WMLX over the holiday. Initial impression so far is I really like the design of the light. First thing I did was disable the dumb strobe feature. Nice that it's momentary only OR constant only via 180 degree throw level (as opposed to the two stage Surefire Scout tailcap). For once an innovative design that Surefire doesn't offer. Was happy to see it works best at 12 o'clock. Only thing is I wish it were aluminum and said Surefire on the side Also they should just do away with the strobe feature as more people would take them seriously. Time will tell...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Mine was FDE.  Got a black after sending it in since I don't have an FDE gun and plans to build one changed.  So far after that it has been fine.  I too like the flip switch.  Very nice.  Only downer is that the WML and WMLx are designed to be run on Quad rail guns. As I don't have a Quad railed gun right now it is kind of awkward for me to use on my other guns.  While I like the light, I think I prefer tube lights on my modular rails.  But different strokes for different folks.  Still its a sweet light regardless of my usage needs
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Mine is Sand.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#15]
My WMLx has been very solid so far, no complaints whatsoever.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Very satisfied with mine. no problems
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I just ordered a couple weapon lights. One of them is a WMLx I'm planning on putting on the KAC SR-15. Can't wait to see how it works. Lots and lots of great reviews on this light!  

I've only seen one guy who "bashes" the Inforce lights and that's becuse he dropped his rifle (or stepped on it? Can't remember) and the housing of his FDE WML cracked. Big whoop if you ask me, the guys a Surefire fanboy anyway. I say take better care of your gear. In fact I've heard of these lights taking WAY worse. Besides, from what I undertand, Inforce has outstanding customer service and they'll gladly fix or replace your light if it breaks. I like Surefire lights too but damn... I just bought a 500 lumen WMLx AND a 775 lumen Streamlight TLR-1 HPL for less than what I'd have spent for one single Surefire M600 Scout!

I also read somewhere that Inforce had an inferior run of housings, only in the FDE color, which lead to cracks and they were happily replacing them with apologies for their customers. Yes, these lights are not as "bomb-proof" as some of the metal ones. It's a trade off I'm willing to accept considering you're getting a 500 lumen weapon light that weighs in at 4oz. Light, mount, switch, batteries and all!  Add to that, it's made in USA and has a lifetime warranty...what's not to like!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Just recieved the WMLx. Pretty awesome little light. I love the size and weight of it. I've set this rifle (KAC SR.-15) up to be lightweight and rock solid. I love rhat every single thing about this weapon is made in the USA!  Here are some pics.

WMLx by scott gajdos, on Flickr

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got the 200 lumen WML and love it.  My gf got me the WMLx for my birthday and the button was inconsistent.  If i press towards the front it would work, if i pressed in the middle or the back it would not.  Sending it back for a replacement.

Definitely liked the switch the WMLx had to go back and forth from momentary to always on.  I'm surprised inforce hasn't made a replacement head or adapter that had a front sight built into it for those that want to mount on top of their rail and still have a back up sight....
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top