Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 9:25:52 PM EDT
Need an opinion on a hand held light. Note this is not for a weapon mounted light. I have a boy in the service who is requesting a light. I'm looking at the g2x dual mode 15/320 and the 6px dual. I know one's poly and the other is aluminum. Recommendations on both or should I pony up and buy him a fury 500 lum?  Thx.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I own both lights but with the tactical tailcap instead of the pro (dual-output) tailcap. Honestly, the Fury is a tad bit of over kill and the 6px is plenty enough bright at 320 lumens. I vote 6px for durability if overseas. YMMV

If you want to wait, in May Surefire is coming out with the G2X LE. It will be dual-output and 400 lumens.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:29:10 AM EDT
[#2]
G2x le.   I say that having owned the g2x, p2x, and 6px.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I own all three. All my G2X's (single output) are on rifles, just one 6PX in the truck, but my personal EDC light is a fury 500 dual output. Love it, always the first light I grab that isn't attached to a weapon.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I run an older 6PX Pro (15 Lumens on low, 200 Lumens on high) on my AR... which is fine for me. I'll swap it when it breaks.

But if I had to do it again (or if that light breaks), I'm going with the similar model Fury (I like the low/high option). I have the P2X, which is a very capable light. I do also have the P3X, which adds an extra battery and brings it to 1,000 Lumens. Cannot go wrong with any of the Fury line.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all input.  Think I'm leaning towards 6px  15/320
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#6]

For a handheld light, stongly consider the 15/500 Fury.  The 15 lumens is perfect for admin type work.  As for the 500...  well, I work rural/roadside LE and it's great to have a handheld that reaches out just as far as my vehicle's spotlight.  

It's also aluminum and has taken a fair number of spills without anything more than a couple scratches.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I vote Fury, noticeably more light.  
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top