Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2015 2:32:39 AM EDT
I been reading on this forum where people say the led navigational lights on the Surefire M900 will turn on and stay on if they get wet. What can i do to waterproof the exposed wires and interior? Is there some sort of spray i can use? Im sure if the led's stayed on the batteries would run out. I would also hate for them to come on at the wrong time. Any input is appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about any sprays but you could try a general waterproofing silicone adhesive - I think Loctite makes one. First I would recommend making sure all of the o-rings are in good shape and that the threads are clean aside from a small amount of an appropriate lubricant.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't know about any sprays but you could try a general waterproofing silicone adhesive - I think Loctite makes one. First I would recommend making sure all of the o-rings are in good shape and that the threads are clean aside from a small amount of an appropriate lubricant.
View Quote

Ok, never thought of checking that. Lets say i find an o ring that looks to need replacing, go buy one, or is Surefire CS good enough that they will ship me a few? Ill be looking into that waterproofing adhesive, hopefully ill find one thats heat resistant and wont mess up the weaponglight.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:11:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
  Ok, never thought of checking that. Lets say i find an o ring that looks to need replacing, go buy one, or is Surefire CS good enough that they will ship me a few? Ill be looking into that waterproofing adhesive, hopefully ill find one thats heat resistant and wont mess up the weaponglight.
View Quote

Surefire should take care of it, just be sure call them though -their responsiveness to e-mails can be pretty hit or miss.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top