Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2015 3:28:05 AM EDT
Should be out in a few weeks or so. Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Battery should last about what, 5 minutes?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine did fine for about 45 minutes or so? I had a hand-held version (E1D). Same output. I didn't time it, but it sure didn't feel like an "issue".
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
any idea where to look for first to get these in stock?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Order direct from Surefire if you want assured first-dibs is my guess. I don't know which dist. get them first.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
This E1D graph should be very similar:

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Kind of amazing how it takes 75 minutes for the new single cell Scout and E series lights to dim down to 60 lumens -the same brightness as the M951/6P at turn on. To think that the M300 uses half the energy to put out 5 times as much light in a package half as heavy as the M951 -which not even a decade ago was pretty much the top of the heap when it came to weapon lights...
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Kind of amazing how it takes 75 minutes for the new single cell Scout and E series lights to dim down to 60 lumens -the same brightness as the M951/6P at turn on. To think that the M300 uses half the energy to put out 5 times as much light in a package half as heavy as the M951 -which not even a decade ago was pretty much the top of the heap when it came to weapon lights...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What's even more impressive to me is that Surefire used to be like a huge ship. They took FOREVER to make course corrections. But now, look at them? This 300 lumem M300C is a dead ringer for Elzetta/Malkoff's 315 lumen WML. Used to be, Malkoff came out with things at LEAST several years ahead of Surefire in the performance arena. Now? Surefire is coming out with products at the same rate nearly. A huge company victory, in my mind, and very impressive!

I feel that it is only natural to compare the Elzetta Alpha/WML to the Surefire M300C/E1D, as they are both 300+ lumen rated 1 cell CR123 "hard use" weapon-lights from respected companies, and here thus far is that comparison:

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Those beam shots are also a great example of the pitfalls in comparing lights based solely on lumens. Two lights with similar total output but the Surefire's 9,000 candela completely changes the abilities of the light compared to the Elzetta's 1,900.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm liking the nerdout that is happening in this thread.  Does anyone have anything (info, graphs, etc) on performance of the Surefire 300B (the current 200 lumen model) as compared to the 300 lumen "C" model?

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm liking the nerdout that is happening in this thread.  Does anyone have anything (info, graphs, etc) on performance of the Surefire 300B (the current 200 lumen model) as compared to the 300 lumen "C" model?

View Quote

You mean, runtime?

*Allegedly, around mid 2014, the EB1 was revised for better performance. Here are both run-times for comparison to the E1D/M300C.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Edit - I see now this is 300 lumens from a standard battery, not a rechargeable.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

NO
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Edit - I see now this is 300 lumens from a standard battery, not a rechargeable.

View Quote

Correct, also, the lights you linked are using older technology, those are emitter lumens they are posting. Not actual OTF. Those lights are not even close to the same league as the E1D/M300C, even with rechargeables. Much less, without. See post #11, specifically.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?294228-LumaPower-IncenDio-V3-LED-Flashlight-1XCR123A-w-Cree-R5-370-lumens
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd call BrightFlashlights, that's where I got my parts for the Arisaka/Malkoff scout I just built. (Niiiiiice, BTW)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'd call BrightFlashlights, that's where I got my parts for the Arisaka/Malkoff scout I just built. (Niiiiiice, BTW)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No affiliation but I'll vouch for them!
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#16]
What model are you talking about?  Is it on the Surefire site?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What model are you talking about?  Is it on the Surefire site?
View Quote

Sorta.  Web address includes "B" but specs are for the Scout 300"C" 300 lumen model that isn't yet shipped.

The "B" model is out there now...
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:46:49 AM EDT
[#18]
BrightFlashlights is gtg, I buy all my stuff from him!

I'll be buying one of the new 300C models
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#19]
FYI- black MIGHT be in stock via Amazon/Optics Planet.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top