Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2015 2:13:15 PM EDT
I have two ARs and both have Surefire Scouts on them. I am interested in getting a visible laser as I have no NV and don't need IR.

Can you guys recommend a good laser that might augment my white lights? I would prefer something that can operate under a dual switch with my Surefires.

Attached are pics of my two ARs so you can see what I am working with.

AR pistol with Surefire M300B

Block II inspired clone with a Surefire M600U

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the IWC 45 degree offset mount.  Slap that on your top rail.

Then add an X400U with the green laser.  Your adjustments will be on different axis' but if you're like me and set your laser parallel to your optic (to your holds the same), its a GREAT option.

500 lumens.  Compact.  Green laser.

Get the tape switch adapter, run an SR07, and you can have the benefit of both the white light and laser being tied to the same switch so they both activate at the same time.  Very important for IR stuff, and certainly can be for visible too.

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My first choice but you would have to mount your light somewhere else as its offset to the right.

https://tnvc.com/shop/otal-offset-tactical-aiming-laser/
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Laser Devices makes good laser products.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Second a dedicated laser. Running an X400 will result in a laser unnecessarily far off axis.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Second a dedicated laser. Running an X400 will result in a laser unnecessarily far off axis.
View Quote

Depends how you mount it, and how you zero it.

Using my method, its damn near right in line with your optic elevation wise.

Measure from the centerline of the optic to the centerline of the laser, and there is about 10mm of difference height wise.  Set your laser 10 mm lower than your dot, and from an elevation standpoint, your holdovers will be the same, minus the 10mm difference.

Its also 36mm right or left, just like most lasers are on DBAL's, ATPIAL's, etc.

Zero your laser 36mm to the right or left, and your windage hold is always the same.

Having the laser closer to your optic elevation wise has its perks.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top