Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 3:17:54 AM EDT
sorry if this has been touched on but i couldn't find the direct comparison i was looking for. this will be the streamlight tlr-1s vs the inforce wml

the streamlight tlr-1s i have i believe is the 300lm model. i have a few so ill try the other ones to compare as well. tlr-1's and strobe versions are constantly on sale for roughly $100 give or take where you get it.

the inforce wml i have is the 200lm momentary on only version. the 500lm version is significantly bigger and uses 2 batteries like a tlr-1/s/hl and goes for roughly $150. i scored the 200lm model for 98.99 from a good friend at ben's loan here in renton washington.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:18:41 AM EDT
[#1]
WEIGHT:
tlr-1s-4.1oz

hsp wml-3.05oz

LENGTH:
tlr-1s-86.07mm/3.38in

tlr-1hp is a little bigger and longer

hsp wml-107mm roughly/4.2in

WIDTH:
tlr-1s- roughly 37mm/1.45in
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:19:28 AM EDT
[#2]

hsp wml-42mm/1.65in

pro's and cons of the tlr-1s:

*very white lighting tint
*more spill
*more throw
*brighter hot spot
*brighter (version tested but i do think i have older 200lm version and a 135lm tlr-2)
*shorter length
*less wide
*usually cheaper
*can mount to pistols as well as long guns
*longer projecter run time (2.5 max vs 1.5)

cons:

*uses 2 cr123a batteries
*heavier

pro's and cons of hsp wml:

*uses 1 cr123a
*head unscrews so you dont have to remove the light from your weapon to change the battery
*lock folds up to cover activation switch so no accidental discharge/can unscrew head so it wont ad either
*weighs less

cons:
*generally more expensive
*less defined hot spot
*ring around hotspot bothers me personally
*less throw
*less usable spill
*longer
*wider
*less run time (1.5hr vs 2.5) projected

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:20:07 AM EDT
[#3]
more thoughts:

they both mount up solid, versatility going to the tlr-1s due to versatility and value/price. my version of the inforce/hsp wml has a yellowish tint compared to the streamlight's whiter tint. mounting on a long gun the inforce has the advantage of not needing tools as you can do everything by hand. the streamlight with the proper locking key needs a flathead or ive used pennies and quarters to tighten down enough to not fly off during recoil. i like that the hsp only takes 1 battery so i could carry spares so even with the shorter lifespan if you break it down to battery vs time you come out a little ahead with the hsp over the tlr-1.

so what do i recommend?

if you dont want to shell out the money for a dedicated surefire, and this is not a dedicated wml so you will use it on handguns and longarms get the streamlight. if this is strictly for your long gun and the streamlight isnt on sale id still recommend the tlr1 streamlight over the hsp but if you can find a good deal and are looking for another dedicated long gun light then the hsp isnt a bad choice. both are easy to learn to activate, that is on you. obviosly the hsp is less pro to accidents. there are way more models than the momentary on only version i have, so that may work better for you. good luck!

pics to come!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I've used various TLR-1's on rifles, pistols and shotguns for years w/out complaint. However, I much prefer the 500 lumen WMLx over the TLR-1S or WML.
Tomac

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
The newer model WML is a lever operated switch mode just like the WMLX. I really like the new design.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top