Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2014 1:29:21 PM EDT
Hey Arf, I mounted my M600 on my rife, and it's in the spot that works best for me and fits best for my setup, however I just now realized that I've got the head of the light mounted pretty close to my muzzle device and i'm wondering if theres going to be much carbon buildup on the face of my light to where it would become an issue.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Pics of light setup:

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Myself....I would move it back one notch on the rail putting the end of the light closer to the end of the handgaurd.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed, Id move it back one notch just to be sure. But the Scout will be able to take the hits from the flash suppressor, youll just see a film of carbon over the lens. (Put a light coat of CLP or lube to wipe it off easier.)
ETA: Are you going to get a can eventually? Because youre going to have to move back anyways to fit a can.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
A can is in the works for the future, but that's a ways off for now. I might end up moving it back one after all. I have yet to shoot since I got the light on so I do want to see how it does there. I'm not worried about the blast so much as the fouling, which I may just see how it looks after a few hundred rounds, a little CLP on the lens is what I've seen recommended so I'll likely give that a shot.
Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:40:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd leave it... hell, I'd move it forward.
I had the same light on the same mount on an NSR and after 9,000 rounds next to a SFMB-556 brake, its totally fine.

Put a light coat of oil on the lens before shooting and at around 350 to 450 rounds, wipe it off with your thumb.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Keep it where it is.  ZERO issues there.  All of my lights are that far forward.  Less shadow and no issues with reliability.

Do not move it back...no need.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top