Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2014 10:14:22 AM EDT
I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue or if it's because I bought it second-hand. Basically, I noticed that if I don't loosen the cap so that the battery doesn't make contact the battery will last only about 5 days on standby. At first, I thought it was just the battery so I went out and bought some Surefire batteries, and repeated this test. Sure enough after 10 or so days the light way barely emitting. I know that Inforce recommends that the light cap be unscrewed so that the ends don't make contact to save battery life but this can't be normal can it? My Surefire X300, and G2X flashlight have a standby time of months will little to no noticeable loss in lumens. What could be causing this drain?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a thread on this, although i can't find it at the moment. Seems to be hit or miss.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#2]
The Surefire lights use mechanical switching, the Inforce uses an electronic switch. I've had one APL and one WML, both were fine. I'm testing my WMLX right now, no issues yet and I'm over a week.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had my WML IR for about a month now and haven't had an issue with drain.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue or if it's because I bought it second-hand. Basically, I noticed that if I don't loosen the cap so that the battery doesn't make contact the battery will last only about 5 days on standby. At first, I thought it was just the battery so I went out and bought some Surefire batteries, and repeated this test. Sure enough after 10 or so days the light way barely emitting. I know that Inforce recommends that the light cap be unscrewed so that the ends don't make contact to save battery life but this can't be normal can it? My Surefire X300, and G2X flashlight have a standby time of months will little to no noticeable loss in lumens. What could be causing this drain?
View Quote

I was all ready to get one of these but am now on the fence and thinking of staying with my current surefire...Battery Thread
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the heads up on that thread link. So I guess it seems to be just the momentary ones which is what I have. I'll have to be more vigilant after using it and remembering to loosen the cap. Since there's already a thread, I guess this one can die,
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top