Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2014 2:25:52 AM EDT
So I found this product on Ebay but after a hefty Google search session I couldn't find an actual review on it. I could however find review on its counterparts which do not have the attached light. I was wondering if anybody on the forum has one and if they could maybe give me some insight on it. Like maybe discuss the quality of the light and how well the product as a whole functions. Is it worth the $200 price tag that it comes with?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
looks gimmicky.  Almost chinese airsoft-ish.  But $200 seems like a lot for something like that so who knows.  Might be a quality part for that much $$ but it comes off as kind of cheesy IMO.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The T-POD is a nice piece of kit. Have no idea about the flashlight version. Why don't ask Mako over in the Industry Forum?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The T-POD is a nice piece of kit. Have no idea about the flashlight version. Why don't ask Mako over in the Industry Forum?
View Quote

Well I was looking for some user insight from someone who doesn't have a bias toward any brand in particular. The problem with asking Mako directly is that of course they are going to speak highly of their own product since they hold that manufacturer bias. And honestly, I had no idea that Mako held their own section of the forum since im pretty new to this site ;) haven't ventured out too far from the AR-15 threads yet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well I was looking for some user insight from someone who doesn't have a bias toward any brand in particular. The problem with asking Mako directly is that of course they are going to speak highly of their own product since they hold that manufacturer bias. And honestly, I had no idea that Mako held their own section of the forum since im pretty new to this site ;) haven't ventured out too far from the AR-15 threads yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regarding bipods, IMO, there are three to look at are:
Tango Down or Vltor
GripPod (the real one, not the cheap eBay Chinese POS)
FAB T-POD

Any of these are good. For my uses, I like the Vltor, as it allows you to get a bit lower than the one piece Tango Down, and the GripPod, because it is made in the USA.

Both the FAB and CAA bipods are good, it is just for me I find the USA made stuff to have a better finish for the same price, or even a bit cheaper. Totally subjective I know.

Lastly the Mako group are good to go. They will tell you the truth and if they do not know, they will not really try and baffle you with BS. The T-POD is nice and if you choose to buy it, you will have a nice piece of kit.

For your needs, you might decide upon something other than what I use, and that's fine.

Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE:

I went ahead and purchased the T-POD SL* from eBay for $160. It just arrived in the mail this morning and so far I like it. As far as the foregrip its a little on the big side. Feels like holding a small potato in my hand, but the fact that it is also a flashlight and a bi-pod is awesome. I will update the thread with a small review (just in case someone else is interested in the same piece of kit) once I get some range time in with it because I don't want to speak to it yet without anything solid to go off of. Attached is a picture of my M4 with T-POD and Kimber.

*Name correction, Not the T-POD G2 SL

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top