Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2014 3:41:45 PM EDT
I want to purchase a laser and if possible light combo peq box, I don't want to spend more than $60 so I'm in the airsoft cheap range of items. All I want is for it to look good and work without breaking on an ar15 that is not used hard...I also prefer FDE but its not priority
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit up ebay.  It will be a crap shoot but when you buy cheap, you get cheap.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:08:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Pretty good if you want the look only.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:41:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here you go: http://www.apextac.com/llc.html

Well it meets the customer's budget requirements. And they work OK in actual use. I use one of the PEQ laser/light combos on one of my airsoft guns and in that capacity it works great. It certainly looks the part and the laser has some zeroing capability.  It's lasted me 2 years so far of playing airsoft but I would expect the electronics to fail if subjected to the recoil of a firearm so I'm not going to put mine on my AR-15 just to find out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are going for the look here is my opinion.  Get a real flashlight that will hold up to a beating and get a Peq-15 battery box of ebay for $15.  You will have no laser, but at least the flashlight will last.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Get a G&P airsoft clone of the ATPIAL laser; it is in the $200 dollar range and it looks the part, but it's an airsoft part, so I doubt that it will take the punishment of a real ATPIAL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-P-PEQ-15A-Laser-Designator-and-Illuminator-Toy-Only-TAN-GP959S-/321230742601?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4acad82449
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]
So this is AirsoftRifles15.com now? Since when did people start coming here looking for advice on airsoft accessories "just for the look"?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So this is AirsoftRifles15.com now? Since when did people start coming here looking for advice on airsoft accessories "just for the look"?
View Quote

Lights and Lasers - "All light-related products for your AR" Nowhere does it say that clones and devices used "just for the look" are prohibited from being discussed. Now that you know what this thread is about, you are more than free to click past it or ignore it and leave it for discussion by people with an interest.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lights and Lasers - "All light-related products for your AR" Nowhere does it say that clones and devices used "just for the look" are prohibited from being discussed. Now that you know what this thread is about, you are more than free to click past it or ignore it and leave it for discussion by people with an interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one said it is prohibited, the same way as asking which airsoft ar15 is the best. I mean after all, it's asking about an ar15

If you want to be a poser and buy a cheap airsoft product, you'd be better suited to go to an airsoft forum and ask about it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Or should I, I just found the sightmark laser light combo in FDE, no need for all the airsoft hate (although it does suck) this is perfect and actually built for AR 15s, just a bit pricey but not like an insight
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Wonder if that stuff would be OK on a AR-22.  No recoil so it wouldn't really knock things around.

CSF

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No one said it is prohibited, the same way as asking which airsoft ar15 is the best. I mean after all, it's asking about an ar15

If you want to be a poser and buy a cheap airsoft product, you'd be better suited to go to an airsoft forum and ask about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for agreeing with me that discussing these is not prohibited. That being said, why should they ask in an airsoft forum? This thread was going just fine until you came in and complained. Like I said, If you have nothing to contribute click past it or ignore it and leave it for discussion by people with an interest. I'd like to hear what people have to say about them and see no need to chase this topic around on an airsoft forum when answers are being provided here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I would love info on a affordable IR laser.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm tempted to order the green laser version, pop in a 50-100mW laser, and "harden" it up so ti holds zero.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thank you for agreeing with me that discussing these is not prohibited. That being said, why should they ask in an airsoft forum? This thread was going just fine until you came in and complained. Like I said, If you have nothing to contribute click past it or ignore it and leave it for discussion by people with an interest. I'd like to hear what people have to say about them and see no need to chase this topic around on an airsoft forum when answers are being provided here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

B/c that's where you'll get people with more experience with the knockoff products. The experiences here are overwhelmingly that the knockoff products don't hold up to real use and very few buy the stuff for looks only. Thus you'll find very few discussions about poser equipment.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:27:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

B/c that's where you'll get people with more experience with the knockoff products. The experiences here are overwhelmingly that the knockoff products don't hold up to real use and very few buy the stuff for looks only. Thus you'll find very few discussions about poser equipment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And on this board you have a better chance of hearing opinions from people who play airsoft seriously as a hobby (to differentiate from kids who simply shoot airsoft guns in their backyard) AND own AR-15s and may have dabbled in putting those airsoft lights/lasers/red dots on the real thing to test them out. Believe it or not but airsoft use can be harder on gear than one might think. Airsoft guns get dropped, banged on walls, etc. during serious games. That's how I come to the conclusion of what I want on my airsoft gun and what I don't want. As an example I find that NONE of the Aimpoint clones marketed towards airsofters are good enough for airsoft. But the Primary Arms M3 clone, which is marketed towards budget-minded AR-15 owners is the best Aimpoint-style sight for airsoft use. Because a real Aimpoint is obviously overkill for airsoft. Like-wise a genuine Insight Technologies PEQ-15 may be overkill for the OP and maybe he wants some kind of cheap clone just to play around with. Nothing wrong with that as long as expectations are realistic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

No different than the 'operators' with the fake Spikes Tactical supressors. Very gay.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you do, please document it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm tempted to order the green laser version, pop in a 50-100mW laser, and "harden" it up so ti holds zero.

If you do, please document it.

There is a guy on Ebay who does this. I don't own one, but it's my understanding that he uses just the cases and literally builds them from the ground up. They're expensive but he's been around awhile and has great feedback. I could swear that I've seen a review by someone that bought one and mounted it on a real AR. I don't remember where it was and was the consensus was.
http://stores.ebay.com/Somphongsi-Online-Shop?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top