Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2014 1:31:42 AM EDT
I saw a few Surefire 6P's on ebay for around $50 and was wondering if it would be worth it to pick one up and install a Malkoff m61 to use as a weapon light on my sbr. I figured for around $100 I'd have a very solid light with nice output. Is there a better option out there for $100 otd?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a couple setup on rifles like that.

I mostly use a Cree Q5 bulb of some type since I can find them for a cheaper price than a Malkoff
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:23:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Surefire GX2 is 320 lumens and $58 off opticsplanet.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:59:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I saw a few Surefire 6P's on ebay for around $50 and was wondering if it would be worth it to pick one up and install a Malkoff m61 to use as a weapon light on my sbr. I figured for around $100 I'd have a very solid light with nice output. Is there a better option out there for $100 otd?
View Quote

The 6P is modular. Everyone should own at least one light that accepts P60 dropins be it Surefire or not.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The 6P is modular. Everyone should own at least one light that accepts P60 dropins be it Surefire or not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the same exact set up and I have recommended it to folks here numerous times. It's a hell of a light for the money. My other recommendation is to keep an eye on the EE  and look for a ElZetta light for sale. I have scored their 2 cell and their 3 cell lights for a C note and under if you are patient. ElZetta uses the Malkoff lamps and their lights are built like a tank, seriously.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:32:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Does $45-$50 for a new 6P incan sound about right?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes...50 delivered new in box is fair.  Malkoff M61 is a great drop in for your application
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have the same exact set up and I have recommended it to folks here numerous times. It's a hell of a light for the money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I have the same exact set up and I have recommended it to folks here numerous times. It's a hell of a light for the money.

+1

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

+2
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input guys.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a couple and put them in mine.  All I can say is WOW!  Be careful where you shine them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#11]
before you waste your money on shitfire.

And yes the Solarforces hosts work just fine i know Scary and it can use any drop in including the Malkoffs. i am looking at mine right now WOW bright as fuck with a  China host all for a low cost less than the price of a new Surefire 6p i love malkoff sales.

33 dollar drop in plus 17 dollar Host Equals 50 bucks in to light. When Malkoffs are on sale.

Grab this Add M61 and Walla way less than the Price of that Shit fire .
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And yes the Solarforces hosts work just fine i know Scary and it can use any drop in including the Malkoffs. i am looking at mine right now WOW bright as fuck with a  China host all for a low cost less than the price of a new Surefire 6p i love malkoff sales.

33 dollar drop in plus 17 dollar Host Equals 50 bucks in to light. When Malkoffs are on sale.

View Quote

Does L2T come with a forward clicky?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, and can accept 18650s
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I ended up getting a "Solar Force L2P Flashlight Host for 18650 HA III Black Finish" and a lighthound drop-in. I'm going to end up with a Malkoff m61 later.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

by the surefire 350 lumen G2X or what ever its called for less
I paid 108 for my fury defender 500lumen

Im also having good luck with nitecore LE lights
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I ended up getting a "Solar Force L2P Flashlight Host for 18650 HA III Black Finish" and a lighthound drop-in. I'm going to end up with a Malkoff m61 later.
View Quote

I've a couple L2m models.  You can add or subtract 34mm at a time for as many cells as you like to use.

McClickie switch is a great option and if you like the zero resistance button will work as well.

In a standard 6P 17670s will work but for more money you can get them already drilled out for 18650s.
Lumensfactory warm drop-in puts out a couple hundred lumens and actually fits Surefire 6P/Z2 better than Malkoff.
Malkoff fits VME head in E2 perfect.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top