Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2014 8:15:05 PM EDT
If your using an A1 style for-end or just don't like rails that much, how can you mount a light reliably?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Surefire makes replacement handguards with built-in lights & pressure switches. They are not cheap.

Elzetta makes a light mount that fits on the FSB.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]

If you don't shoot with a mag well grip - hell even if you do, I guess -  and want to keep your A1 hand guards, IMO the best option is this:

Link to MI FSB picatinny mount

I believe there's also a couple plastic versions out there as well.

Attach the light of your choice.  

cheers,

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a MI picatinny rail section mounted on the top of my standard handguard.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=93
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
There is also the TMC Mount-n-Slot light mount from Impact Weapons Components.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/tmc-1-light-mount-n-slot/
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surefire makes replacement handguards with built-in lights & pressure switches. They are not cheap.

Elzetta makes a light mount that fits on the FSB.

View Quote

+ 10 on the Elzetta mount.  I have two rifles set up with them and IMO they place the light in the perfect position.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is also the TMC Mount-n-Slot light mount from Impact Weapons Components.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/tmc-1-light-mount-n-slot/
View Quote

This is probably your best bet, plus it gives you the flexibility to run different lights (not manufacturer specific).

oh, dont forget about Mossie Tactics 2400 mounts for the front sight post..

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Check the retro thread, look for BHD builds
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:17:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a picatinny rail that mounts to the bayonet lug. I'll never use a bayonet so it made a lot of since to put it to use for something more practical. I really dig how the light is completely out of my field of view, and glare cast from the light to the barrel is under the barrel - again, no visible light glares in my FOV and the picatinny mount pushes the light forward enough so as to further reduce barrel light reflections. Best of all, I was able to drop my pressure switch altogether and go with my push-button switch, which I can easily reach with my forefinger. So with my forefinger I can lightly press the button for a moment of light, click it for continuous light and turn if off just as quick. I really dig not having to deal with any light wires and pressure switches.  I can also remove the light and attach a bipod to the bayonet lug picatinny mount... another bonus.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:29:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I picked up a picatinny rail that mounts to the bayonet lug. I'll never use a bayonet so it made a lot of since to put it to use for something more practical. I really dig how the light is completely out of my field of view, and glare cast from the light to the barrel is under the barrel - again, no visible light glares in my FOV and the picatinny mount pushes the light forward enough so as to further reduce barrel light reflections. Best of all, I was able to drop my pressure switch altogether and go with my push-button switch, which I can easily reach with my forefinger. So with my forefinger I can lightly press the button for a moment of light, click it for continuous light and turn if off just as quick. I really dig not having to deal with any light wires and pressure switches.  I can also remove the light and attach a bipod to the bayonet lug picatinny mount... another bonus.
View Quote

BLAM

Used one a few years ago, solid product, works well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#10]
USE the ElZetta 1500 mount and be done with it. I have them on my rifles that I have lights on. I love the 6 o'clock position and with the slightest motion of my finger I can operate the light by pushing forward on the sling swivel to operate the light. If you get a chance give one of their lights a run. The finest and toughest lights on the planet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Depending where you want the light: IWC TMC, Elzetta ZFH1500, Mossie Tactics MT2400FSB-U, Crosstac front sight pic rail, CDP BLAM, Midwest Industries MCTAR-01G2, GG&G Dually/SLiC thing, or bolt a rail on to your handguards.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top