Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2014 6:52:40 AM EDT
So I have a 13" mk4 rail with a 14.5" barrel w/ pinned GA flash comp taper mount.  My question is will the surefire scout compact be short enough that it takes the head of the light out of the path of the muzzle device?  The m600 currently sits just behind the muzzle but still in the path of the compensating holes.  Should I not even worry about this or would this position lead to premature failure of the light?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#2]
14.5" with pinned BC1.5, PRI Gen III rifle length.

My light will be pretty black after a solid range session but it cleans up fairly easy. I've since gone back to a 10" rail which eliminates the issue altogether. I personally, wouldn't run a light directly in the blast zone.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't worry, those bezels are tough.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Here are some pics.  Both in forward most position and rear most.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a 14.5 upper with an M600U on a Thorntail Mount. You can get the light really far out there to reduce the shadow of the barrel. Mine gets a little charred during range sessions but it isn't anything a pencil eraser can't fix.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I just wanted to make sure the heat wasn't an issue.  The barrel shadow was an issue when I tried out an elzetta and VTAC mount with a streamlight.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top