Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2014 4:00:20 PM EDT
Have a MI SSG2 15" handgaurd covering a !6" barrel and griffin comp. My dilemma is that's I like to run my hand far forward using all the rail(feels better to me with my arm  all the way extended). What I'd like is input on what y'all recommend which mount could be used with possibly a G2X tactical light and thumb activation on the left side full forward on the rail. I'm not fond of vfg (just not comfortable to me;got to love a wrist injury) so that's out of the picture but can use a stubby style vfg as a handstop and still be comfortable. Any other light recommendation would be appreciated as well. I would like to keep this budget friendly so lets say no more than $150.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]
G2X tactical is a good choice. Anything Surefire as long as it's only a single output is a good idea. A GG&G mount or a Magpul rail light mount are both economical and good choices for mounts. If you don't mind weight a used Surefire M951 and a Malkoff drop-in work great, It's what I use on my rifle.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
+1.

The G2X Tactical is where it is at on the budget lights.  As for mounts, check out IWC.  They have solution for the Gen 2 SS rail.  I am working on one but it will be a bit before it sees the light of day.  For now, though I think the IWC mount would get you pretty much what you are looking for.  They also carry, but are out of stock on, the G2X Tactical.  But they can be had in many a place.  Regardless, out the door you would be under a buck twenty and have a pretty serviceable set up.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top