BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2014 8:49:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it was Midwest Industries that just announced a new Keymod M600/M300 Scout mount they will have available in another week or so.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 12:51:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
....so I can use it in the 1030 keymod slots on a KMR or URX4.  Does such a thing exist?  

The Noveske mount looks like you can just leave off the offset piece, but the product literature doesn't spec this.
View Quote

After designing and building several different mounts, including one for the Keymod, I would say that it would be a bit of a pain to do a non-offset mount.  Plus, to do it right, the light would end up a lot farther away from the handguard than could be achieved with an offset mount.  Not to mention you would probably have to take the whole mess apart in order take it off the rail or to move it.  Is there a specific reason why you would want to run it on the 45° rail slots?
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No good reason I suppose... I just like the idea.  I was thinking something like the S&S mount, but apparently I didn't have a firm grasp on how the system worked, hence my (now self answered) question about the Noveske mount.  I finally took a sip of the keymod koolaid, and am not familiar with all the offerings yet. I'll probably end up getting a IWC mount.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
....so I can use it in the 1030 keymod slots on a KMR or URX4.  Does such a thing exist?  

The Noveske mount looks like you can just leave off the offset piece, but the product literature doesn't spec this.

After designing and building several different mounts, including one for the Keymod, I would say that it would be a bit of a pain to do a non-offset mount.  Plus, to do it right, the light would end up a lot farther away from the handguard than could be achieved with an offset mount.  Not to mention you would probably have to take the whole mess apart in order take it off the rail or to move it.  Is there a specific reason why you would want to run it on the 45° rail slots?

No good reason I suppose... I just like the idea.  I was thinking something like the S&S mount, but apparently I didn't have a firm grasp on how the system worked, hence my (now self answered) question about the Noveske mount.  I finally took a sip of the keymod koolaid, and am not familiar with all the offerings yet. I'll probably end up getting a IWC mount.

I really like just running an offset mount that tucks the light in nice and tight around the 11o'clock position.  It keeps things uncluttered and puts the light right in the sweet spot for me.

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I am looking for the same thing.
Is there an offset mount that would tuck a light in nice and tight at 1030 on the KMR?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it was Midwest Industries that just announced a new Keymod M600/M300 Scout mount they will have available in another week or so.

I've seen this one, which is still offset.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z349/Midwest_Ind/MI-KeyModLightMount/P6252278_zps28a8a81f.jpg

Who makes this??
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Who makes this??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen this one, which is still offset.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z349/Midwest_Ind/MI-KeyModLightMount/P6252278_zps28a8a81f.jpg

Who makes this??

Midwest Ind.  Just look at the url for the image
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top