Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 4:15:51 PM EDT
I have seen covers that help keep the powder/blast off of the lense during daylight shooting.

I can't find them for sale, does anybody know where these can be bought for a Surefire 6P sized light?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for flip-open scope covers, like those from Butler Creek.  Measure the bezel on your 6P and look up the size on the chart.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Butler Creek is def the low cost way to do this.  Just be careful w the fitment.  Their caps aren't all that forgiving if too tight.  Too loose and you may get away w some electrical tape.

Picking up a Surefire filter on ebay might be a little more foolproof.  The SF website will tell you what fits what.  I've done this for a cap to protect my lens from simunition rounds.

.....  Or you could just do what I  and others do.  Which is smear a bit of lip balm, vaseline or whatevs on the lens before your range session.  

spf

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it leupold that makes aluminum scope covers?  That might not be a bad way to go.  Just be sure that if you go this route that you make it flip down so its out of your field of view.  Surfire also has those infrared covers that would work.  The one I have doesn't like to open to easily though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
If you run any sort of brake, flip covers won't work.  I broke mine after the first 2-3 shots.

Just get some vaseline and wipe it over the lens.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top