Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2014 7:51:49 PM EDT
The wife hooked it up with a tape switch and end plate for my TLR1-HL, and it makes for a seriously clean install on my keymod rail. The light does double duty on my AR and M&P9, it is a seriously bright light.  Lit up a tree down the street (50ish yards), very excited to get it out to the lease and try it out with the green filter.

Has anyone seen a keymod pressure pad mount?  Would be interested to see one and see how it works.

Link Posted: 2/18/2014 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Im quite happy with mine as well,  impressive light.  I use it on my glock, wish it had a little more throw for an AR though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I just put one on my AR tonight.  HOLY COW is it sun in a small package!  I'm in love.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Where can I get a pressure pad for this light?
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one for Christmas, it is a bad ass little light.  Sits on the end of one of my ARs as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't mounted one on a rifle yet but have 2 on pistols and damn are they bright. Almost too bright inside a house. Better suited for outdoor work.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I LIKE MINE BUT IT IS VERY FLOOD IT NEEDS MORE SPOT  IT IS REALLY REALLY BRIGHT.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#8]
These were perfect for my Spikes .22 and AR57 rifles given the distances I'm shooting them at.  I love them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I put one on my hk45c and ya the thing is brighter then all hell
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I LIKE MINE BUT IT IS VERY FLOOD IT NEEDS MORE SPOT  IT IS REALLY REALLY BRIGHT.
View Quote

Yeah the beam pattern on the HL is a much more floody beam. But they also make the tlr1 HP. Man if you haven't tried the hp you need to find someone who has one and check it out. The reflector is huge and looks a little funny but once you see the beam that it casts you will be sold. It's nuts. I own a lot of high power flashlights but this was the first time I had used a dedicated thrower and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. It throws a tight beam out hundreds of yards away. The way an HL lights up a target 20 feet away, the hp lights up a target the same amount 125 yards away. While the tight beam doesn't flood a room with light the same way an HL does, there is still plenty of spill that I wouldn't feel at a disadvantage clearing my pitch black house with it. The hot spot is maybe a foot in diameter at 15ft which also makes it a pretty effective targeting beam. Plus I can't even imagine what the beam would do to ones vision at that distance. I would much prefer to stare into a surefire ultra at 10 ft than a tlrhp at 20. I was concerned that since the led only puts out 200lumens, it would be inferior to the HL or surefire ultra, but my concerns disappeared the second I used the thing.

Now I just wish they would stick the same led that the HL uses with the hp reflector. That would be a beast. I have to imagine there is a heat issue or something since they haven't done it. The hp uses an acrylic lens since a piece of glass that big would weigh it down big time and I'm thinking acrylic might not stand up to the heat from whatever Cree led is used in the HL. Regardless I own and love surefires but streamlights are some great lights for the money.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I have two TLR1s that I've been happy with. Have a HL on the way.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the post and pics! I've got a TRL1 and a TRL1-HL and debating on which one to mount at the 12 o'clock in front of the Troy BUIS. The rail used will be a SLR 10" Solo Lite on a 10.5" SBR. I'm thinking whichever TRL I choose I could get away with out using the remote tape switch. Trying to keep the light small in lenght so it won't eat up a lot of rail space and shorten an already short sight radius. But the BUIS are back ups to an Eotech so if I do use the tape switch it would hurt all that much.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I have owned a TRL-1 since 2008 and just bought an HL.  Holy cow, it's wicked bright  Not a fan of the strobe, though.

I'm going to agree with NETWT12.  The HL is too bright for inside the house maybe.  It will sure as shit blind the other guy but I got spots in my vision just from the reflection off the walls of my hallway.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not a fan of the strobe either.  I used to think it was a neat feature but now I just don't see much of a need for it.  You can easily disable the strobe on your HL if you want.  I disabled mine just to eliminate any chance of accidental activation.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have owned a TRL-1 since 2008 and just bought an HL.  Holy cow, it's wicked bright  Not a fan of the strobe, though.

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq331/AR45fan/EDBD9E21-1CCD-42DE-89C2-8EE4C439D6F2_zpsvm71smxc.jpg

I'm going to agree with NETWT12.  The HL is too bright for inside the house maybe.  It will sure as shit blind the other guy but I got spots in my vision just from the reflection off the walls of my hallway.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top