Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2017 5:51:11 PM EDT
Someone once said that they no longer need their glasses... they drink straight from the bottle.

Well... I don't drink, but I can't see site a target with my glasses on looking into my scope. As you get older you'll understand.

But the range demands that you wear glasses of some sort.
So I'm looking for some cheap clear shooting glasses that wrap around to the ear. Today I took a hot-shell that got caught in my frames against my head LOL...

In general, will $10.00 or so 'shooting glasses' work well ( clear ) enough to site through a scope or are they total crap?
I really am not in the mood to spend $98.99 for a pair of these things.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Sams club sells a 5-pack of wrap-around safety glasses for like $10 or $20.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I use bifocal safety glasses at work and when shooting. When shooting the clear top half lets me see the target or see through the spotting scope and the bottom half is magnified for when i need to adjust the sights or other up close work. These safety glasses are cheap but very clear if you keep them scratch free.

www.safetyglassesusa.com/bf41.html
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I think your eyes are worth more than 10 bucks.  There's a reason why some shooting eye wear is more expensive than others. You don't have to go full on Gucci but cheap eye wear not only doesn't last very long but offers shit protection.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy safety glases from a hardware store instead of a gun store. Same glasses, 1/4 the price. As long as it says "ANSI" rated for impact protection, you are good to go.

No special glasses made for shooting vs industrial safety... they are all just impact rated safety lenses.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy safety glases from a hardware store instead of a gun store. Same glasses, 1/4 the price. As long as it says "ANSI" rated for impact protection, you are good to go.

No special glasses made for shooting vs industrial safety... they are all just impact rated safety lenses.
View Quote
This is the same reason why a lot of shooters use Mobil 1 oil and grease instead of firearms-specific lubricants. A quart of Mobil 1 oil is under $10, as is a 16oz can of the grease, and it works as well as anything out there.

Take the same stuff and repackage as gun oil/grease and put it in the sporting goods section, and it will sell for twice the price for half the quantity.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top